NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

I'm officially ticked off! I just called to verify how many points I have and if I need to get my certificates before the end of the year. My current billing cycle ends on Dec 5th, they told me that is my last billing cycle of the year and the money I would spend after December 5th would go onto the new rewards program. If I do not call and ask for my rewards certificates before the end of December I will loose everything!!! I was planning on being able to accumulate enough points through the month of December to get up to the next $500, looks like that will not be happening!!! :mad: This card is never going to be used by our family again, this is horrible!

Edit: I have now read back posts on this thread and see that NCL says that no matter what date your billing cycle ends in December I still can get points until the end of December. This guy I was talking to put me on hold 3 different times for long waits to verify and he kept coming back and telling me that it will end for me on the 5th???? Should I call them back and get another person to make sure and verify that what this guy told me is incorrect or will NCL make sure that this is dealt with correctly? I have no idea what to do!!!!

TJ: As you can see by going back and reading post, if you call BOA ten times you will get ten different answers. Go into the NCL FAQ about this switchover and print the rules (including the one which states you will continue to earn points until 12/31 and the one regarding they will automatically send you the certificates by 1/31/09) and save them just incase you have a problem or in case they take these answers off of their website.

I'm officially ticked off! I just called to verify how many points I have and if I need to get my certificates before the end of the year. My current billing cycle ends on Dec 5th, they told me that is my last billing cycle of the year and the money I would spend after December 5th would go onto the new rewards program. If I do not call and ask for my rewards certificates before the end of December I will loose everything!!! I was planning on being able to accumulate enough points through the month of December to get up to the next $500, looks like that will not be happening!!! :mad: This card is never going to be used by our family again, this is horrible!

Edit: I have now read back posts on this thread and see that NCL says that no matter what date your billing cycle ends in December I still can get points until the end of December. This guy I was talking to put me on hold 3 different times for long waits to verify and he kept coming back and telling me that it will end for me on the 5th???? Should I call them back and get another person to make sure and verify that what this guy told me is incorrect or will NCL make sure that this is dealt with correctly? I have no idea what to do!!!!

Here's the NCL page that has been mentioned http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=Compassrewards.

- Certificates should be mailed directly to NCL Accounting to avoid problems. I generally use FEDEX to ensure delivery, while others recommend USPS Certified Return Receipt

- NCL Accounting's address is listed on the back of the certificate. I generally send to:

Attn: Accounting

Norwegian Cruise Lines

7665 Corporate Center Drive

Miami, FL 33126

Just wanted to confirm that this is still the correct address to mail the certificates to with delivery confirmation since it was posted in July of 2007.

Getting ready to send out my last certificates.

Thanks.

Just wanted to confirm that this is still the correct address to mail the certificates to with delivery confirmation since it was posted in July of 2007.

Getting ready to send out my last certificates.

Thanks.

Yes that is the address to use. I just FEDEX'd certificates to that address last week and they were posted to my account within 48 hours.

Check the back of you certificates, to see if the address is the same.

They are definitely not because the address on the back of the certificates is a PO Box whereas the address that was posted in the FAQ by Preds was for the actual corporate offices.

But thanks!

Check the back of you certificates, to see if the address is the same.

The address on the back of the certificates is a PO Box. Most courier services (ie. FEDEX, UPS, DHL, etc) won't deliver to PO Boxes.

The address I listed in the FAQ is NCL HQ's street address, and that is the address to use if you're using a delivery service (which I advise since your're essentially sending cash in the mail). Further, they go straight to accounting which is where they need to go for the certificates to be credited to your account.

I usually send them via FEDEX with the SuperSaver 3 day rate.

The address on the back of the certificates is a PO Box. Most courier services (ie. FEDEX, UPS, DHL, etc) won't deliver to PO Boxes.

The address I listed in the FAQ is NCL HQ's street address, and that is the address to use if you're using a delivery service (which I advise since your're essentially sending cash in the mail). Further, they go straight to accounting which is where they need to go for the certificates to be credited to your account.

I usually send them via FEDEX with the SuperSaver 3 day rate.

Both times I sent them, I used the address on the back (PO Box) and sent them registered mail, which requires a signature, includes insurance, and can be tracked. Each time they were signed for and posted with in a few days of mailing.

Thanks for the info!

USPS is the only carrier that will deliver express, or registered, etc to a PO Box.

For all other carriers the street address is needed, and from past experience they seem to post quicker by most reports than when using the PO box.

Here's a scenario to consider:

Lets say I have, at the end of the year, 800 points on one card and 800 points on another card. I should get from BOA two $500 certificates and six $100 certificates.

Now here's the question: If you were NCL and you received from a wonderful customer (who had booked a suite with no possibility of an upgrade) two $500 certificates and five $100 certificates, would you discount the cruise $1,500???

What would you do?

Sea Hound:D

Here's a scenario to consider:

Lets say I have, at the end of the year, 800 points on one card and 800 points on another card. I should get from BOA two $500 certificates and six $100 certificates.

Now here's the question: If you were NCL and you received from a wonderful customer (who had booked a suite with no possibility of an upgrade) two $500 certificates and five $100 certificates, would you discount the cruise $1,500???

What would you do?

Sea Hound:D

What you're likely to recieve is 1 $500 certificate (500 points) and 1 Two category upgrade for first person and one category upgrade for second person in stateroom (300 points) for each of you. There are no $100 certificates.

I've never seen the cabin upgrade certificates before, but I doubt they have a dollar or even point denomination on them.

Yours is one of the many gray areas where we just don't know how NCL will handle things as the program comes o an end.

USPS is the only carrier that will deliver express, or registered, etc to a PO Box.

For all other carriers the street address is needed, and from past experience they seem to post quicker by most reports than when using the PO box.

Well...... both times I went to the post office, sent them registered (which they assured me was the safest way, since it can be tracked at every step), which included insurance for the full amount. I sent them to the PO Box on the certificantes and they were signed for (although it was near impossible to read the signature). The only drawback was that they said registered mail was a bit slower than overnight, due to all the added security.

What's your opinion on the Capital One for Professionals card?

I have been looking at that one closely. I think that is the one I may go with, along with an Amex blue. It seems to be better than most of the others. I would love to hear from someone who already has the card!

I have been looking at that one closely. I think that is the one I may go with, along with an Amex blue. It seems to be better than most of the others. I would love to hear from someone who already has the card!

Hi - My husband and I both have these cards. He uses one for work purchases and we both use another account for home purchases. (I just opened the one for our home purchases since BOA changed their program.) When I called, they gave me the 'professional' card but it wasn't for business use it was only because my credit was excellent. They give you two points for all purchases. You can buy your tickets through any travel site or directly through the airline. When you buy your airline tickets you have to use the Capital One card and then they credit the amount back to you. I don't have the exact miles/cost of tickets, but I can pull out the paperwork if you would like it. It was pretty painless when we used it before and I like the fact that you don't have to use a specific (overpriced) travel company. I have don't alot of research and haven't found anything better. The hotel cards posted on this site look great, but I usually get great deals through priceline.

Hi - My husband and I both have these cards. He uses one for work purchases and we both use another account for home purchases. (I just opened the one for our home purchases since BOA changed their program.) When I called, they gave me the 'professional' card but it wasn't for business use it was only because my credit was excellent. They give you two points for all purchases. You can buy your tickets through any travel site or directly through the airline. When you buy your airline tickets you have to use the Capital One card and then they credit the amount back to you. I don't have the exact miles/cost of tickets, but I can pull out the paperwork if you would like it. It was pretty painless when we used it before and I like the fact that you don't have to use a specific (overpriced) travel company. I have don't alot of research and haven't found anything better. The hotel cards posted on this site look great, but I usually get great deals through priceline.

Thanks so much for your help! I think I will go with this one.... we have excellent credit too. It looked like the best one to me. I think they also have a Professional cash back card which also has the same level of return. I may also get an Amex Blue cash card too, since I shop at Costco and they only accept American Express there.

I for one would love to learn more.

I have no idea which card to use now. I woyuld rather stay away from AMEX as it is not taken everywhere and one card sounds so much easier since I have been using the 2 NCL BOA cards for the last 4 years.

Can you use these "miles" for cruises? I thought I read that somewhere......

I have no idea which card to use now. I woyuld rather stay away from AMEX as it is not taken everywhere and one card sounds so much easier since I have been using the 2 NCL BOA cards for the last 4 years.

http://www.capitalone.com/creditcards/products/details/?sol=10739&tc=7&credit=0&linkid=WWW_0608_CARD_Z_Z_Z_01_T_CP73907EW

The only drawback is the $39/year fee, but you get double miles on everything and it is very flexible. The same card that is not called "professional" does not have a fee, but the earning rate is 1 or 1.25 instead of 2.

Edited by c breeze
changed link

We did have Delta Skymiles before the BOA card, but there were too many restrictions /blackout dates etc. All the dates/times we seemed to want to travel the points were doubled or it was unavailable. So after Skymiles, we went to BOA (when I found it on this site.) Now back to Capital One only. I realize the annual fee might be a deterrent to some people, but you can always ask to have it wavied the first year.

Things You Should Know About This Rewards Program

How Do I Earn Miles?

Every time you use the card, you’ll earn 2 miles per dollar on your net purchases (purchases minus any credits or returns). The following items will not earn miles: cash advances, transferred balances, any checks used to access your account, finance charges, fees of any kind, service charges, unauthorized charges and ATM transactions.

Will My Miles Ever Expire?

Your miles are yours for the life of the account – they won’t expire. But if your account is closed, you’ll lose any miles you haven’t redeemed.

Is There A Limit To The Amount Of Miles I Can Earn?

There’s no cap to the amount of miles you can earn on purchases.

What Happens To My Miles If I Pay Late?

If a late fee is charged to your account, you will lose any miles applied to your rewards balance during the billing cycle containing the fee.

How Do I Redeem My Rewards For Travel?

There are two ways to redeem your miles:

1) You can contact our Rewards Center toll free to book your travel. Or,

2) You can purchase your travel (anywhere you choose–online, in person, or over the phone) with your No Hassle Rewards card. You’ll then have 90 days from the date your travel purchase posts to your account to call our Rewards Center or redeem your miles online at http://www.capitalone.com/nohasslerewards to get reimbursed for the cost of the travel purchase.

The number of miles you need for travel varies, and depends on the cost of the travel purchase. Here’s how it works:

Simply multiply the cost of your travel purchases by 100. For example, if your ticket costs $200, you’d multiply that by 100 to determine you need 20,000 miles to redeem.

We include all associated taxes, airport security fees, fuel surcharges and other usage fees required for travel in the overall calculation to determine how many miles are required for redemption. You need to have the amount of rewards required in order to redeem for your selected travel purchase – partial redemptions will not be processed.

Can I Redeem My Rewards For Something Other Than Travel?

You can redeem your miles for cash, gift cards, brand-name merchandise and more. Rates for these other redemption options vary and are subject to change without notice. If you received this offer in the mail, you can call the application number provided for additional information regarding these redemption rates. If you are reviewing this offer online, you can call the phone number provided to get additional information regarding these redemption rates. As an Account holder, you can visit http://www.capitalone.com/nohasslerewards to register your account and see a complete description of current redemption offers.

CAPITAL ONE® IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES

ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE (APR) for purchases‡

0% (0.00000% daily periodic rate) through your 10/2009 billing period. After that, a variable rate, currently equal to 9.9% (0.02712% daily periodic rate).

Other APRs

Special transfer APR: A variable rate, currently equal to 9.9% (0.02712% daily periodic rate). ♦

Balance transfer APR: A variable rate, currently equal to 9.9% (0.02712% daily periodic rate). ♦

Cash advance APR: A variable rate, currently equal to 22.9% (0.06274% daily periodic rate).

Default APR: A variable rate, currently equal to 24.9% (0.06822% daily periodic rate). See explanation below. ‡

Variable rate information

Your purchase APR may vary quarterly. The rate will be determined by adding 4.9% to the Prime rate.* Rate in effect 10/01/2008. Your balance transfer APR may vary quarterly. The rate will be determined by adding 4.9% to the Prime rate.* Rate in effect 10/01/2008. Your cash APR may vary quarterly. The rate will be determined by adding 17.9% to the Prime rate.* Rate in effect 10/01/2008. Your special transfer APR may vary quarterly. The rate will be determined by adding 4.9% to the Prime rate.* Rate in effect 10/01/2008. Your default APR may vary quarterly. The rate will be determined by adding 19.9% to the Prime rate. * Rate in effect 10/01/2008.

Grace period for repayment of the balance for purchases

25 days from the date of the periodic statement on new purchases (provided you have paid your previous balance in full by the due date).

Method of computing the balance for purchases

Average daily balance (including new purchases).

Minimum finance charge

For each Billing Period that your Account is subject to a finance charge, a minimum total FINANCE CHARGE of $0.50 will be imposed.

Membership fee

$39 annually.

Miscellaneous fees

Cash advance fee: 3% of amount of the cash advance, but not less than $10.

Transfer fee: None.

Late payment fee: Your late payment fee will be based on the amount of your account balance at the time the fee is applied. Balance of $0 - $99.99 = $15 fee; balance of $100 - $249.99 = $29 fee; balance of $250 or more = $39 fee.

Over-the-credit-limit fee: None.

Thanks!!! For all the info.

I also had an AMEX Delta Miles, I still have it but I don't use it fopr the same reasons you mentioned. I could never get the flights I needed even a year in advance.

I don't care for an annual fee, but still looking for the best points wards at this time.

Thanks