NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

Darlak: Citi Platinum AmEx w/ Thank You (Max 150,000pts per calendar year get card in January, not late in the year)

I don't understand what difference it would make. I was under the impression the points I have earned so far would be toward my 150,000 for 2008 and that whatever I earn in January and beyond goes toward my 150,000 point limit for 2009. Do I have something confused?

I am sure most of you know this but just a little hint for any of you who use this card or another 5% Gas, grocer, drug store. Go to CVS, Publix etc. and be sure to buy all your other stores gift cards i.e., Home Depot, restaurants, Best Buy etc. You earn 5% because your purchase was at the drug or grocer. Then just take your gift cards to the stores for your purchases instead of just earning 1%.

Hi rpbcouple, I'm the one who is confused, I wrote that backwards. Actually it would be better to get the card mid-year to maximize the 5% earnings to reach your 150,000 max per calendar year (assuming they still offer the 5% for 24mo promo into mid 2009). Then you have July-Dec to earn 5%. Jan-Dec to earn 5% and Jan-June to earn 5%. This would spread your 5% level over three years of earning towards the max.

If you get the card early in the year you still have the same 24mos of 5% earnings but that would only be spread over a period of two calendar years.

Great reminder about buying gift cards at the drug store.

Hi rpbcouple, I'm the one who is confused, I wrote that backwards. Actually it would be better to get the card mid-year to maximize the 5% earnings to reach your 150,000 max per calendar year (assuming they still offer the 5% for 24mo promo into mid 2009). Then you have July-Dec to earn 5%. Jan-Dec to earn 5% and Jan-June to earn 5%. This would spread your 5% level over three years of earning towards the max.

If you get the card early in the year you still have the same 24mos of 5% earnings but that would only be spread over a period of two calendar years.

Great reminder about buying gift cards at the drug store.

Kinda off topic, but does anyone know if you can use a gift card from one store to purchase a gift card for another store? For example, lets say I was given a gift card for Kmart. There's nothing I want there, so I use the Kmart gift card to buy a Pizza Hut gift card on their gift card rack. Anyone know if I can do this and what stores allow it?

At the bottom of the chart it says something about "Exclusive Cruise Specials". Wonder what that is all about. Hopefully those will be REAL specials for the cardholders.

This is from an email I received:

• Exclusive cruise offers for NCL cardholders only, as we well as last minute criuse redemption opportunities.

So, it sounds it sounds like it might be a LITTLE better than the normal WorldPoints program. I'm guessing nothing as good as the Compass levels.

You received an email from whom??? B of A, NCL, NCL booking agent, CAS?

This is from an email I received:

• Exclusive cruise offers for NCL cardholders only, as we well as last minute criuse redemption opportunities.

So, it sounds it sounds like it might be a LITTLE better than the normal WorldPoints program. I'm guessing nothing as good as the Compass levels.

You received an email from whom??? B of A, NCL, NCL booking agent, CAS?

It was a BoA email. Kinda strange cause the only account we have with them is the NCL card, and yet they are telling us to apply for the new card...? I thought we were all supposed to be switched over automatically come the first of the year?

nclemail.JPG

I need 17 more points to get to 500! HOW much doI need to charge and what can i charge that is helpful before 12/31? I do not drive so no gas cards and the store cards scare me.,,I am leaving on the 12/27 Gem but I am afraid that whatever I charge before the 31st there will not post until January does buying some OBC for the cruise count as an NCL purchase? and how do I do this sooner than later so it will post before year's end? Help..AND THANKS!!

I need 17 more points to get to 500! HOW much doI need to charge and what can i charge that is helpful before 12/31? I do not drive so no gas cards and the store cards scare me.,,I am leaving on the 12/27 Gem but I am afraid that whatever I charge before the 31st there will not post until January does buying some OBC for the cruise count as an NCL purchase? and how do I do this sooner than later so it will post before year's end? Help..AND THANKS!!

$567.00 non NCL

It stated that you automatically receive the new card which has your NCL MC account # on it you have to apply?. I was told that 12/10 was the last charge day for the NCL account, since 12/11 was my billing date. 12/12 all charges to go onto the worldpoints account. So we had 250 points & have no time to charge enough for another 250. So we shredded the cards. I will get a new one, it will go in the safe til we cruise on NCL to charge stuff on it. 1 point per $1 charged blows, so forget that.

So I spoke with an old MBNA supervisor who still works here in Beachwoo OH for B of A. He tells me that my December billing date is the end of Compass Points & he would get em the Signature Visa instead. But that is WORLDPOINTS also, so I told him I will get Hiltonhhonors Signature Visa instead.

Now folks are hearing from NCL, that they will have great specials for their cruisers with their card\. So we will see........

Now you get an email stating that you have to apply? This is quite crazy. Did you get the letter in October on the new NCL account?

It was a BoA email. Kinda strange cause the only account we have with them is the NCL card, and yet they are telling us to apply for the new card...? I thought we were all supposed to be switched over automatically come the first of the year?

nclemail.JPG

Edited by AFT_LOVER

so..i've tried reading through this thread to find the answer first...but i can't...so is there a definitive answer to the question..

closing billing date is December 19...at that point I have 483 points... if I charge the $425 NCL purchases or $567 non NCL purchases (or whatever combo) to get te remaining 17 point to reach the magical 500 number...will the charges(s) made between 12/19 and 12/31 count? and what should be the FINAL date I charge to insure that they are posted by 12/31? thanks...

I just spent close to an hour on the phone with BOA. My first call was routed to World Points. I hung up and got a great CS rep. He checked and double-checked whether or not we would be able to accumulate CR points until 12/31. His answer was sorry, any points we would earn after our 12/10 closing date would go toward World Points. :mad: I asked for a supervisor and spoke to Liz in SLC. Her response was that yes, we will continue to earn CR points until 12/31. Just in case we run into problems with the CR points, the CS rep gave me an address for a protest:

FIA Card Services

Customer Satisfaction-Customer Action Team

Newark, DE 19850-1822

We have less than 30 points to get to our 1,000 point mark. I'm not going to give up until we get it!

Salsera - We're taking the supervisor's word that we WILL get continue to earn Compass Rewards points until December 31. If we don't, let's all send protest letters to both NCL and BOA!

Edited by OceanDreaming2

Salsera - We're taking the supervisor's word that we WILL get continue to earn Compass Rewards points until December 31. If we don't, let's all send protest letters to both NCL and BOA!

this is good to have thanks for the heads up larry

so..i've tried reading through this thread to find the answer first...but i can't...so is there a definitive answer to the question..

closing billing date is December 19...at that point I have 483 points... if I charge the $425 NCL purchases or $567 non NCL purchases (or whatever combo) to get te remaining 17 point to reach the magical 500 number...will the charges(s) made between 12/19 and 12/31 count? and what should be the FINAL date I charge to insure that they are posted by 12/31? thanks...

We are all going by what is posted on this link: http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=CompassRewardsFAQ

Print it out and save it for reference. As for the FINAL that charges can be made so they are posted before 12/31, there is no definitive answer. Some things post immediately, some take almost a week to post. If you have a grocery store that is a chain, and you still need charges, you can go buy gift cards there (we all have to eat!) and they should post within a day or two. DON'T ORDER SOMETHING NOW AND HOPE THE POINTS POST, BECAUSE THE CHARGE WILL NOT POST UNTIL AFTER THE ITEM IS SHIPPED, AND IF THERE IS ANY DELAY IN SHIPPING, YOU WON'T GET THOSE POINTS! You can call the toll free number on the back of your card to see where you stand, with the dollar amount posted or pending. (I was calling every day for a few days, to make sure everything was posted). DON'T MAKE ANY REUTURNS YOU MAY HAVE UNTIL JANUARY!! Have a wonderful time on your cruise!

Okay, just in case there is a problem with points earned the second half of December, and we all end up with some USELESS $100 cabin upgrade certificates, let's be prepared!

Everyone should:

1. Copy the FAQs posted on the NCL web site: http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=CompassRewardsFAQ

2. Photo copy your January statement when it comes

3. Draw a line under the last December 31 posting on that photocopy

4. Add up the dollars posted in December on that bill and calculate the point earned during that time period (multiply that dollar amount by .03)

When the certificates arrive in January, if they have not sent out the correct amount, write letters to BOA and NCL with this info. Since the info above is posted on an NCL site, if it is incorrect then they should, with the proof mentioned above, issue a $500 cruise credit good for two years, in exhange for the useless $100 cabin upgrade certificates. I don't think they want to lose their most loyal customs because they misinformed people on their web site!

Hopefully, none of that will be necessary, and we will get the correct number of certificates!

I sure hope we don't as I aonly need 6 more points to make from 12/20 to 12/31. I couldn't make them this billing period as I was at my 250 max points for the month. As sometimes I hoped hit Nov. didn't and carried over into Dec.

We will all see.

And let's not forget (as been stated in this thread several times) that in the original Terms and Conditions booklet we received with our NCL credit card, it states that they have to give us 3 months before the card benefits completely end. Oct. 1st to Dec. 31st is the 3 months required. Now, the question remains, will you be able to go beyond the 250 pts. allowed a month. I think "yes you will," but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Now, the question remains, will you be able to go beyond the 250 pts. allowed a month. I think "yes you will," but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Are talking about the "new" card, or the "old" card? I don't think they will allow us more than 250 per month on the "old" card.... However, I did ask a BOA rep a month ago, if the max allowed for the last "partial" month would be prorated, and he said, "no", but of course I am not sure how well any individual rep is informed on all this transition stuff....

And let's not forget (as been stated in this thread several times) that in the original Terms and Conditions booklet we received with our NCL credit card, it states that they have to give us 3 months before the card benefits completely end. Oct. 1st to Dec. 31st is the 3 months required. Now, the question remains, will you be able to go beyond the 250 pts. allowed a month. I think "yes you will," but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I went over the 250 allowed for my 12/19 billing cycle and did not get more then the 250 points allowed.

Okay, just in case there is a problem with points earned the second half of December, and we all end up with some USELESS $100 cabin upgrade certificates, let's be prepared!

Everyone should:

1. Copy the FAQs posted on the NCL web site: http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=CompassRewardsFAQ

2. Photo copy your January statement when it comes

3. Draw a line under the last December 31 posting on that photocopy

4. Add up the dollars posted in December on that bill and calculate the point earned during that time period (multiply that dollar amount by .03)

When the certificates arrive in January, if they have not sent out the correct amount, write letters to BOA and NCL with this info. Since the info above is posted on an NCL site, if it is incorrect then they should, with the proof mentioned above, issue a $500 cruise credit good for two years, in exhange for the useless $100 cabin upgrade certificates. I don't think they want to lose their most loyal customs because they misinformed people on their web site!

Hopefully, none of that will be necessary, and we will get the correct number of certificates!

i have 480 points, i have 400 in charges outstanding when my bill arrived.i went ahead and paid my bill, and the extra 400 om my updated charges, i was never given credt for this amount, i called and they said it will be on next months points, so i feel they may try to screw us on points because it's when u statement ends date,not when u pay.i'll make because i have other charges too.hope we all stay together as group and fight them on this.

larry

p.s what credit card are u switching too? i/m undecided

I went over the 250 allowed for my 12/19 billing cycle and did not get more then the 250 points allowed.

I see now where my post didn't make sense. Of course that makes sense that now you will start to accumulate new points from the purchases starting the 20th to the 31st. If you need more points to get a certificate, are you going to attempt to accumulate them with purchases from the 20th to the 31st?

My statement date is at the end of the month, so the point is moot for me, but I'm curious how many of you trust that points can still be attained AFTER your Dec. statement date.