NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

I agree fully, the LAST thing I want or feel like doing is being on the phone with them. But, I do want to make sure that they are accounting for my points correctly, which they are not. I want to make sure that it is done correctly and not wait and just SEE what certificates and for what amount they might send out and then try and get them to change it after the fact. I am sure at that point they will be like "You got certificates and they are already issued so deal with it".

I agree, tjbarney. I was commenting on the fact that some folks are really getting their knickers in a wad over this and I think it may be a little too early to do that.

I, too, want to make sure I get the points I'm due through 12/31/08. I'll just keep (silently) monitoring the board and see what transpires.

Sea Hound:D

I agree, tjbarney. I was commenting on the fact that some folks are really getting their knickers in a wad over this and I think it may be a little too early to do that.

I, too, want to make sure I get the points I'm due through 12/31/08. I'll just keep (silently) monitoring the board and see what transpires.

I guess if it wasn't for those of us who are 'bothering' BOA then you wouldn't know any of this was going on. Also, the same stuff isn't happening to everyone and it seems to be different problems that are happening. I for one cannot afford to just 'hope' they get it right and I feel it is something that rightly deserves getting my 'knickers in a wad over'.

Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't do business with someone that I did not trust at all.

Again, just my $0.02

I selected BOA once on my own and realized after awhile that I had to document every conversation and scrunitize every bill. Unfortunately, the CRP was switched from MC to BOA, my Gov't Visa Card was switched to a Gov't BOA Card, and so on......unfortunately sometimes you have to deal with a company that you do not trust but you learn to document everything and scrutinize every bill.

I guess if it wasn't for those of us who are 'bothering' BOA then you wouldn't know any of this was going on. Also, the same stuff isn't happening to everyone and it seems to be different problems that are happening. I for one cannot afford to just 'hope' they get it right and I feel it is something that rightly deserves getting my 'knickers in a wad over'.

You said exactly what I was thinking...

I have just spent 45 minutes on a run around. First called BofA 800-421-2110 and was told they could not see my Compass Rewards points at all and that I had to call NCL 800-327-7030. The agent there said she knew nothing so she went off and talked to 2 people in NCL accounting who told her NCL had nothing to do with the old Compass Rewards program and that I have to call BofA - she gave me a different phone #800-421-7048 that does not work! So, where do I go now other than I am calling Schwab right now to sign up for the 2% cash back Visa and I am putting my NCL card in the desk.

I was due 120 points for December purchases which will give me over 500 points so worth fighting for but nothing shows on either my Dec or Jan statements.

I have just spent 45 minutes on a run around. First called BofA 800-421-2110 and was told they could not see my Compass Rewards points at all and that I had to call NCL 800-327-7030. The agent there said she knew nothing so she went off and talked to 2 people in NCL accounting who told her NCL had nothing to do with the old Compass Rewards program and that I have to call BofA - she gave me a different phone #800-421-7048 that does not work! So, where do I go now other than I am calling Schwab right now to sign up for the 2% cash back Visa and I am putting my NCL card in the desk.

I was due 120 points for December purchases which will give me over 500 points so worth fighting for but nothing shows on either my Dec or Jan statements.

Basically the same thing I went through. It is BOA that you have to talk to NCL doesn't have anything to do with the points so don't let BOA tell you that or patch you over to talk to NCL. The 800-421-2110 # is the main # for BOA, you just need to keep calling back until you get someone that is familiar with the Compass Rewards program, otherwise, it is just a complete waste of time I've found out because the ppl that don't know about it just tell you 'stuff' that isn't even true. I also have the same problem of nothing showing on my last statement(Jan).

I just had a similar situation. Called BofA and was told that that program in "handled out-house now". She said they sent over the point totals to NCL and no longer handle it. The number she gave me was 1-866-954-4077, NCL's WorldPoints Redemption Ctr. Of course, I gave them a call and they said they don't handle it and I need to call BofA. Will keep trying to call BofA and hope to speak to someone who knows something instead of someone who makes it up as they go! I would really like to be sure my point totals are correct BEFORE my last cert. is issued.

I have the biggest HEADACHE right now - need wine asap after today's dealings with BofA.

All I can say is , ask for a SUPERVISOR right off - it is the only way you will save yourself

headaches and time.

In the end I did talk with a very nice supervisor. She understands my situation of not being able to see the 120 points I accumulated on December charges.She can't see them either but she acknowledges that I earned them. She has asked me to be patient and wait until my February statement is issued. She is going to keep her fingers crossed for me! She thinks it is just a glitch right now while they work out the transition. I have her number and will call her when my February statement arrives if there is a problem. Good luck everyone.

I called and redeemed my points as of mid December, as I had $500 and knew I wouldn't be going over. Have mailed them off to the address on the back of the cert.....anybody know when to expect them to post the credit back to my credit card? (paid in full, as we are inside the deadline. PPC said they would post to AmEx)

I will be SHOCKED if we get our certificates in the right amount at this point.
That's what I fear as well.

I was supposed to get 250 points in December (which puts me to another $500 certificate) which of course didn't show on the statement I just downloaded this morning. What a mess.

I'm willing to wager that the December points won't be corrected until AFTER they print the certificates, which will leave many of us, including myself with say a 200pt cabin upgrade certificate and 50 points lost instead of a $500 certificate. Then once they fix it I'd expect them to further mess things up with another 200pt certificate (and another 50 points lost), all in lieu of a $500 certificate that should have been issued originally had the points been awarded properly.

Is there an attorney on board? I'd have to think the words "Class Action" for breach of terms could have serious merit here if BOA doesn't make things right.

Edited by Preds

Is there an attorney on board? I'd have to think the words "Class Action" for breach of terms could have serious merit here if BOA doesn't make things right.

I also hope there is an attorney within the CC world. I have yet to be notified by BOA that the Compass Reward Program ended. They did not give me any 90 day notification so technically I should still earn the 3%.

rosie...did the Compass points include those earned after your Dec billing date?

How did they mess up the points on their own system?

I'm tempted to call but as of Dec statement I was 2 points short of $1000. I think I am afraid of what I might say if they do not allow me those last 2 points. I had spent more than enough money but everything hadn't posted yet.

Yes the customer service rep could see the total amout of my compass points including the Decembers.

They had no clue how they messed up their own points. I had one charge that was more than the total points they gave me. I will let you know what happens, if I ever here back.

I was pretty mad when I got the letter they were canceling the great rewards program. I had been working on saving for a cruise for almost 3yrs. So I started asking my family if they had any big purchases coming up to put on there. I got over the hump for the 1500pts and right before christmas I called them up and ordered my cruise credit certificates and got them about a week or so ago. I didn't trust them to send me certificates on their own.

It sucks you guys have had a crappy time getting your just rewards. From what I saw of the new program... it's not half as good as the last.

The old rewards were 3+X better. I wonder if we will be entitled to the 5,000 bonus points for new customers...or are we just old and disgruntled? We have 2 accounts and I am just keeping them open now to see if they will treat us as new (5,000 points worth $50 OBC X 2 accounts)...and because Suzie Orman and others are saying it's bad for your credit rating to close accounts. :confused: In the past they always said to close the ones you don't use because the credit limit could count against you when they considered it as debt available to you vs income. :(

Yes the customer service rep could see the total amout of my compass points including the Decembers.

They had no clue how they messed up their own points. I had one charge that was more than the total points they gave me. I will let you know what happens, if I ever here back.

The supervisor I "befriended" said she could not see my December points. And several times I was told my points were automatically rolling over to the new program which I said I did not want. All I want is my $500 cert and then I am out of there!

Hi,

Didn't make enough points for the $500 off, so am getting upgrade certificates. I was wondering. In order to use the certificates, so I have to pay the rest of the cruise with the NCL card?

Thx!

Absolutely not. Use any card you wish.