NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

Is this still the best Address to send in the $500 off certificates

Attn: Accounting

Norwegian Cruise Lines

7665 Corporate Center Drive

Miami, FL 33126

Has anyone sent to this address via priority mail.

Thanks

Howard

I sent my 4 $500 certificates to that address via USPS Priority Mail with a certified receipt that they get it. It was sent the 18th so hopefully they will get it today.

Norwegian Cruise Lines

Miami, FL 33126

Thanks

Howard

I hope so, Howard!! I just sent in $1,500 in certificates to that address this morning!:eek:

Cost $39.50 to send the certs to NCL and a copy to my TA (next day delivery guaranteed). I had to send them that quick because my payment deadline is next Thursday!

Sea Hound:D

Edited by Sea Hound

I sent my 4 $500 certificates to that address via USPS Priority Mail with a certified receipt that they get it. It was sent the 18th so hopefully they will get it today.

I hope so, Howard!! I just sent in $1,500 in certificates to that address this morning!:eek:

Cost $39.50 to send the certs to NCL and a copy to my TA (next day delivery guaranteed). I had to send them that quick because my payment deadline is next Thursday!

Sea Hound:D

I would hope they have the correct address on the certificates. The one Howard has sounds familiar and is probably where we sent them before, but I wouldn't swear to that.

Smart sending them certified so you can follow it. :D I always do the same. It's worth the extra cost to me!

Jackie

I would hope they have the correct address on the certificates. The one Howard has sounds familiar and is probably where we sent them before, but I wouldn't swear to that.

Smart sending them certified so you can follow it. :D I always do the same. It's worth the extra cost to me!

Jackie

In the past either address has worked. I don't think NCL has changed anything about how they are handling the certificates, other than the extended expiration date for sailing (not booking), so I am sure both addresses are still fine. I always keep photo copies and send it so it can be tracked and receipt can ve verified.

I received my corrected certificate in today's mail.:) For 520 points I got my $500 off certificate, but no upgrade certificate. Who cares its worthless anyhow.And Just yesterday I sent all info to that North Carolina resolution center and wasted 2 stamps! Now I'm out .90 cents!:eek:

The first screwed up set of certificates they sent me was 5 upgrade certificates! DUH!:rolleyes:

Hey, wonder if I could use them for a future cruise in 2010?:D Then again, I think it will be better if I just use them for s..crap paper!

Norwegian Cruise Lines

Miami, FL 33126

Thanks

Howard

Via regular post office send it certified they will give you a number that you can track it on the internet and print out the received copy once it showes it was signed. I think i paid $2 and change.

I am very happy for those who were owed $500 or more vs upgrade certs, but we will use our 4 upgrading both of us from BC to BA. Today a letter from Citi Bank on their Thank You points & how folks will lose them all if they are late with payment, lost their account or close it.

Then national news all day talking about B of A & Citi being NATIONALIZED. This means the governent owns them, their stocks are $3 for B of A & $2 for Citi. & it will be -0- when it happens.

My husband applauded me for dropping B of A & their Worldpoints for all their cards, so very little rewards for loads of spending per customer. He remembers how we had very little on Celebrity or RCCL other than the $300 OBC for stockholders. Now the stock is worthless at $5 instead $45 as we should have sold it. Even RCCL didn't want it! But as my husband stated, it will be Carnival, at a higher rate, when they fall. So we are keeping it for it to be taken over.

So I would be careful if you are chosing to stay with B of A. Citi is more than a bank, so they have plenty worldwide to stay afloat with major companies working with them, so our SIGNATURE VISA IS SAFE as I was told by Hilton. So we are B of A less & do not miss them,

Freestyle is still #1 with us, but unfortunately no $500 off a cruise unless they decide to do something else for us. Hopefully Apollo is pulling them away from B of A. I am suprised that they can not figure out the loss for the long time customers of NCL who loved getting cruise money for shopping. MBNA was nothing like Worldpoints. Great C/S, respect for their customers. Then Al Lerner's son sells dad's company, a major loss for Cleveland & the employees who lost their jobs. B of A was a long way behind MBNA. We all know it & now they have lost us.

Edited by AFT_LOVER

I just got home from work and was delighted to find the BofA envelope with the "Corrected Balance" certificates inside! Hooray! I tod my husband--I'll make dinner as soon as I tell my friends [on Cruise Critic]. He laughed and said--you don't even know them but I feel like we've been through something together and supported each other and although I don't know any of you I want to say thank you, friends. Hope everyone gets their correct certificates soon and hope BofA doesn't run out of money so we can all actually use them!

Just an update... I mailed out my certificates on February 18 and this morning, the 20th, someone signed for them at NCLs offices. If you are in a hurry, I'd recommend mailing them directly to the 'corporate office' address, rather than the Post Office box on the back of the certificates. NCL just has to go get the mail from the post office and bring it back to their offices anyway. Plus if you use certified mail, it might be a few days before someone comes back and checks the mailbox again and signs for the letter. My certificates left NY and were in the accounting office in 2 days. Hopefully I'll have the $2000 credited to my cards shortly.

UPGRADE POINTS ARE USELESS!

We were told by our travel agent that we could not use the "$500 cruise certificate" and the "100 upgrade point certificate" on the same cruise. We could only use one 100upgrade certificate on each cruise. That is why I say the upgrade points are useless.

We were told by our travel agent that we could not use the "$500 cruise certificate" and the "100 upgrade point certificate" on the same cruise. We could only use one 100upgrade certificate on each cruise. That is why I say the upgrade points are useless.

Your travel agent is wrong. You can combine multiple $500 certificates, as well as a $500's and an upgrade.

Edited by lumofny

The upgrade certs always had to be used on a different cruise than the $500 certs, however you certainly can use more than one upgrade cert per cruise. You can use 4 upgrade certs for a two catagory upgrade for two people. They are worthless, because there no difference between the cabins, other than location. Your travel agent is not informed about the Compass Rewards program, but now it is ending anyway........

Points Stateroom Upgrades (must be in same catagory: Indside to Inside, Outside to Outside, Balcony to Balcony)

100 - One category upgrade for first person in stateroom

200 - One category upgrade for first and second person in stateroom

300 - Two category upgrade for first person and one category upgrade for second person in stateroom

400 - Two category upgrade for first and second person in stateroom

Edited by c breeze
added chart

so as many as you have in 2's for a couple can be used. Per my TA who took all 4 we got and upgraded us to a BA AFT from a BC.

As NCL shows 100 is for one person to be upgraded

200 is for 2 folks

300 is for one upgraded twice & one just regular upgrade

400 both upgraded twice

So send that to your TA so he/she can learn. We learned that they are NOT useless.

Edited by AFT_LOVER

The address on the back of certificates is:

Norweigian Cruise Line

P.O. Box 025403

Miami, FL 33102-5403

Though I'm a little worried. Can I send it certified to a PO Box?

This is the address I have used twice, and sent it certified. I have never had a problem. That being said, the address on the original paperwork is the one listed above, and it does make more sense to send it to a physical address. I am sure either one will work. Just make copies of everything for your records!

I think I will go with Amex Blue Cash, and because Amex is not taken anywhere, Capital One No Hassle MilesSM Ultra for Professionals, which has a small fee, but seems to be well worth it. See below, as "miles" can be used for any type of travel, cash applied to balance, or many other rewards.

Capital One No Hassle MilesSM Ultra for Professionals

Annual fee-$39

2 miles per $1 spent on purchases

Miles Redemption Info for Travel:

Simply add two zeros to the price of your travel purchase, then trade in that number of miles to pay for it.

Examples: $180 flight = 18,000 miles

$100 hotel room = 10,000 miles

Travel easy with No Hassle MilesSM

Book your travel any way you choose

Use your card for airfare, cruise tickets, hotel stays, or rental cars from ANY website or travel agency.

Redeem your miles

Redeem your miles online or by phone to get reimbursed for your purchase.

Receive a statement credit

Your account will be credited for the purchase, and you will see that credit on your statement.

The choice is yours. Redeem your miles for:

Travel: Enjoy using your miles for flights, hotel stays, cruises, car rentals, and all other travel purchases.

Merchandise: Get name-brand electronics, sporting equipment, and more.

Charitable Donations: Donate your miles—it always feels good to help.

Statement Credit: You can also use your miles to pay for other non-travel purchases you've made with your Capital One® Card.

This is the card that both my husband and I have. He already has enough points for two flights. It adds up very quickly. I did alot of research and it was one of the better cards.

This is the card that both my husband and I have. He already has enough points for two flights. It adds up very quickly. I did alot of research and it was one of the better cards.

Thanks! It looked like the best, after a great deal of research. By the way, I meant Amex is not taken EVERYWHERE not anywhere...

Yes, that was my only issue with AMEX. When you are traveling, it's important to have a card that is widely accepted. Just to let you know, we have redeemed a couple of flights already on Capital One and it's a very simple process. You get to choose any airline, any dates/times, within a range of prices per points. Just be sure to use your Capital One to pay for the tickets and they credit your card back right away. It worked great and I would highly recommend this card.

Edited by Britt23

Yes, that was my only issue with AMEX. When you are traveling, it's important to have a card that is widely accepted. Just to let you know, we have redeemed a couple of flights already on Capital One and it's a very simple process. You get to choose any airline, any dates/times, within a range of prices per points. Just be sure to use your Capital One to pay for the tickets and they credit your card back right away. It worked great and I would highly recommend this card.

Thanks, again! We rarely fly, and already have a bunch of United miles from a United card that we rarely use now. (Perhaps we will use those point to fly to Alaska for an Alaska cruise!) We usually cruise from a port close to home. I am mainly interested in being able to cruise, which is why I liked this card. It seems to accumulate points faster than most others, and provides the flexibility for us to book any cruise line or book any way we wish. Of course the OLD NCL card through MBNA was a better value, as long as we cruised on NCL.

I have found a credit card issued by a large brokerage firm... that gives you 2 percent (2 %) cash back, unlimited, and unrestricted on purchases. It seems like its one of the better deals going on a MC/Visa ... at least according to my research.

With 2% cash back, it would only take about $25000 in purchases to acquire $500 (equivalent to a 500 off certificate in my book) versus the roughly 50000 in purchases on the BoA Worldpoints card.... There's no limit to the amount of points you can earn, nor are any purchases restricted.

Can anyone beat that deal ?

I have found a credit card issued by a large brokerage firm... that gives you 2 percent (2 %) cash back, unlimited, and unrestricted on purchases. It seems like its one of the better deals going on a MC/Visa ... at least according to my research.

With 2% cash back, it would only take about $25000 in purchases to acquire $500 (equivalent to a 500 off certificate in my book) versus the roughly 50000 in purchases on the BoA Worldpoints card.... There's no limit to the amount of points you can earn, nor are any purchases restricted.

Can anyone beat that deal ?

This is about the same. 2% return on all purchases. "Miles" can be used for any travel, or can be credited back to your card for any other purchases. There is no need to have a brokerage account with this one.

Annual fee-$39

Simply add two zeros to the price of your travel purchase, then trade in that number of miles to pay for it.

Use your card for airfare, cruise tickets, hotel stays, or rental cars from ANY website or travel agency.

Redeem your miles

Your account will be credited for the purchase, and you will see that credit on your statement.

Travel: Enjoy using your miles for flights, hotel stays, cruises, car rentals, and all other travel purchases.

Statement Credit: You can also use your miles to pay for other non-travel purchases you've made with your Capital One® Card.

ALMOST ANY REWARDS/CASH BACK CARD IS BETTER THAN THE "NEW AND IMPROVED WORLD POINTS WITH BOA!

Edited by c breeze
add

This is about the same. 2% return on all purchases. "Miles" can be used for any travel, or can be credited back to your card for any other purchases. There is no need to have a brokerage account with this one.

Annual fee-$39

Redeem your miles

ALMOST ANY REWARDS/CASH BACK CARD IS BETTER THAN THE "NEW AND IMPROVED WORLD POINTS WITH BOA!

You had me until the fee...