Must Bring Items!

travgurl

Mother of twins, what cell phone company do you have?

sorry it's taken me until now to get back with you..

We have cingular or now it's the new at&t.

I was talking a friend yesterday and she told me that her parents had changed their plan to an international plan and it worked for them...BUT when i called to do that i was told it was good for on land in ports but not on the ship...it just didn't seem like it was worth taking them with us .... i didn't want any suprise bills when i got home. we were going to take them so we could text (they told me .50 each) or call the twins and keep up with them but took the two way radios instead and then didn't use them....about the texting...we were going to use that method of checking in but when they told me about the voice mail charges we decided not to take them...

it took me three phone calls to my company to get all of the info that i needed....????

hope this helps...

sorry it's taken me until now to get back with you..

We have cingular or now it's the new at&t.

I was talking a friend yesterday and she told me that her parents had changed their plan to an international plan and it worked for them...BUT when i called to do that i was told it was good for on land in ports but not on the ship...it just didn't seem like it was worth taking them with us .... i didn't want any suprise bills when i got home. we were going to take them so we could text (they told me .50 each) or call the twins and keep up with them but took the two way radios instead and then didn't use them....about the texting...we were going to use that method of checking in but when they told me about the voice mail charges we decided not to take them...

it took me three phone calls to my company to get all of the info that i needed....????

hope this helps...

St Thomas, is 149 a minute, st. maarten is 199 a minute, bahamas 164 a min.

the ship is 2.99 a minute.

I went onto cingular and they had all this information on under INTERNATIONAL.

Xanax. And liquor.

For the anxiety I experience over what I may have forgotten to deal with something that may possibly happen to us on the cruise....and then what happens if the airline loses the bag with all the stuff I need :eek: ?

Xanax. And liquor.

For the anxiety I experience over what I may have forgotten to deal with something that may possibly happen to us on the cruise....and then what happens if the airline loses the bag with all the stuff I need :eek: ?

You have insurance for travel? don't stress. Glad you got a doctor that will prescribe xanax for you. Look at it this way, if you forgot something, there are walmarts or kmarts avaiable if you go into the major part of own to find them. Some even have special shuttles to the malls in town.

Personally, if I forgot it, I do without. My major take with me, my pills, passport, and camera. after that, i don't stress. Why worry your vacation with stress over items that can be replaced? Cell phones don't work on the ships that well. Walkie talkies don't work that well, so why waste luggage room.

You go on vacation, especially a cruise, to relax, so why worry over the little things in life that don't matter once you catch that plane. If your luggage is lost here in the US, go to walmart buy your clothes for the cruise, buy a suitcase, buy what you need and get on with it. Call your insurance company tell them what happen, they will reimburse you.

Calm down. I would worry more about being ripped off in the foreign countries. Or losing my sail and sign card on a shore excursion and not being able to get back on board unless I spoke the language. Been there, done that. DD accidently sent her's on board, and guard did not understand what I was saying. Had to wait for a spanish speaking person to come and explain what was going on. THAT MY DEAR IS STRESS. I mean you have no way of getting ahold of your spouse to bring it back what are you going to do?

• 1 month later...
Who says you have to answer it? *shakes head*

PS - Your phone could ring all day long - as long as you don't answer it there won't be any charges.

The alarm on my Nokia phones works even with the phone off. set the time, turn off phone, alarm should sound. Cant speak for other brands, give them a try..

Bombero

If you are going to the Med then take along a good water bottle each. Fill it at the Lido before going to the lounge or on the night before and store it in the room fridge.

We finished up buying a bottle of water every day because the bottles you buy drinking water in just do not last. They are also a pest to carry, if they will fit in a pocket then they do not hold enough.

I am looking for one of those bottles that is insulated and has a basic carry strap for our next summer cruise. Then just sling it across the folder along with the small camera carry case that has a pocket for my mobile and a little bit of cash. Main cash reserves get carried in a money belt along with credit cards and passport if needed. Also carry any camera memory cards that get filled up that day in the money belt.

Also do not forget to take a good sunhat, in a tourist port the price of hats triples the moment the sun comes out.

If you like the pool then a pair of flip flops to get from your sunlounge to the pool, that deck gets awfully hot.

As you might gather out trip was very very hot.

David

Archived