Luggage tags? replaced at the Port ?

vacationfool

I have my E DOCs and luggage tags ready to go, but I have read that at the Port , they put on the regular tags anyway. Any one know if this is true? Carnival ships? Just wondering how much tape to put on the paper tags! haha

Using the packing tape, we used two strips per tag to make sure that all edges are covered and a little hanging over on the ends to protect the paper. I hope this makes sense :D .

We used our e-doc luggage tags. I covered it in clear packaging tape and stapled it together. When we got to the terminal they told my DH that he needed luggage tags, he told them he thought that they were already on and they told him no. When he got in the car he told me what happened I told him I had the luggage tags already on, he said it was no big deal they just wanted the other luggage tags. So maybe they just weren't used to the e-docs luggage tags yet.

Our e-docs were blue, we were on the Emperess deck. I asked TA and was told that they e-docs are colored according to the deck you were on. So it makes it easier to sort the luggage.

If you are flying, it would not hurt to have these "luggage tags" inside your luggage should they get misdirected. I have wondered (since they are long and bulky like the airline tags...if they will confuse the sorters?

I would take some self adhesive address labels with me to slap on the "ole fashioned" luggage tags and a red marker to jot down the cabin.

Our last cruise was booked at the last minute and we had no idea what our cabin number was. Carnival told us not to sweat it, luggage tags would be provided at the pier. The baggage handlers have copies of the manifest, will find your cabin number, and provide you with a blank luggage tag on which you write your name and cabin number. We experienced no delays in having our luggage delivered to our stateroom.

We were on Verandah Deck on the Valor in June 2007. Our edoc tags were light blue. We removed our airline tags and attached the cruise tags before we arrived at the port in Miami. When we got out of the shuttle van at the port, the porter looked at our edoc tags and then gave us "official" Carnival tags and we had to fill those out and attach them. The edoc tags were useless for us. They remained on our bags along with the ones we filled at in the parking lot of the port. :confused:

Our tags for the Glory Lido deck were a Salmon color.

Be interesting to see people from different decks of the same ship post the various colors by deck.

Bill

Our tags for Glory are also salmon color, but we are on Main deck.

Other cruiselines have one color for each ship. That way if there is more than one ship in that port they can tell where the bags should go. I suspect it is the same with Carnival.

We just got off the Miracle yesterday and I posted about the luggage tags. They did not give us luggage tags at the port (I didnt realize that I should have asked for them) and we had a very hard time finding our luggage when we got off the ship. The edocs we printed on a color printer printed light blue luggage tags. Our luggage tags should have been Orange.

Our tags for Glory are also salmon color, but we are on Main deck.

Other cruiselines have one color for each ship. That way if there is more than one ship in that port they can tell where the bags should go. I suspect it is the same with Carnival.

In Port Canaveral, the Glory and the Sensation dock at completely separate terminals and loading areas on completely separate days.

(each cruiseline only has one ship in port on any given day at Port Canaveral) Unlike Miami or Fort Lauderdale.

It sounds like Carnival just has a color for each ship in E-docs, which may be why they still have you get the old color coded tags, with various colors by deck for quicker sorting, once onboard.

Bill

Archived