Carnival Glory - Need Hotel!

lhaddon

I live in Brandon, Mississippi. I just booked our cruise on the Carnival Glory on September 29, 2007. We are flying into Orlando on Friday, September 28 and need a nice hotel room for the night. I would like to find one not too far from the airport and close to Port Canaveral. Does anybody have any recommendations? Thanks!

Lora

The port is about 45 minutes from the airport - so you are not going to find one close to the airport and the cruise port. I would get on close to the cruise port - don't want to get stuck in traffice the day of boarding!

Check out Country Inn & Suites - I got a room online for 09/07/07 for $89.00. They are the closet hotel to the port.

Also - check out the East Coast Departure thread - "I work in Port Canaveral" - tons of info there.

Good Luck

I live in Brandon, Mississippi. I just booked our cruise on the Carnival Glory on September 29, 2007. We are flying into Orlando on Friday, September 28 and need a nice hotel room for the night. I would like to find one not too far from the airport and close to Port Canaveral. Does anybody have any recommendations? Thanks!

Lora

Um you do realize that Port Canaveral is about 45 miles or so from the airport right? Most people seem to rent a car and drive to Port C and stay near the terminal. I'm not sure of your flight times and such but that may be a better idea for you. Good Luck!

Hi there, cruising on the Glory next week. We have booked the Country Inn and Suites. We rented a car through Avis, check out Thrifty. There is also the Hilton, Radisson and Comfort Inn. We are traveling the day before so we know we will be there with time to spare and relax. My friends missed their Disney Cruise a few weeks ago due to plane problems with Delta.

ravgurl, do thrifty and Avis have drop off points for the car that are near port canaveral? We will be arriving in Tampa airport next year and driving across to Port Canaveral for a few days pre cruise. However, I am a bit stuck as to if I can drop it off there, or pay for another weeks rental while it sits in the carpark of the radisson.

BigD

I've stayed at the Raddison in Port Canavaral before and loved it. Highly recommend that hotel. If you want to stay near the airport in Orlando you can try Priceline. Just pick a 3 or 4 stay hotel near the airport. I got the Holiday Inn Select Orlando Airport for $50 in February. It was a very nice hotel, especially for the price!

Terri

ravgurl, do thrifty and Avis have drop off points for the car that are near port canaveral? We will be arriving in Tampa airport next year and driving across to Port Canaveral for a few days pre cruise. However, I am a bit stuck as to if I can drop it off there, or pay for another weeks rental while it sits in the carpark of the radisson.

BigD

Thrifty and Budget both do, I don't know about Avis. We found the best rate at Budget.

Terri

Yes, you can drop off your rental car and they will transport to the port. And when we return, I will give them a call once we are off and they will come back to get us. We are renting the car for the day we return until we fly out that night. Check your prices on the hotels and the ammenities.

The Best Western Ocean Front Resort in coco beach is where we stayed. It has Ocean front and "court yard" rooms . First off it's not a resort but rather a bunch of hotels that best western bought up. We had to walk w/ luggage 2 blocks to get to our room cause the golf cart was tied up and would be "about an hour " before they could get to us. It was 130.00 per night and was nothing special... just a regular room . It was a big hassel staying there as they wanted to charge us 160.00 a night on both the pre-cruise stay and after the cruise stay even though we had booked the rooms 4 months before hand at 130.00 a night. On the after-cruise stay they first gave us a room that smelled terrible of cigar smoke AND wasn't a ocean view room. My wife called the office and they said there wasn't any more rooms available and after argueing with them for a few minutes she tells them hold on let me let you talk to my husband, at that point I told her to tell them that I wasn't gonna talk to them on the phone and that I'd be at the front desk in 2 minutes. when I got there she handed me a key to a room that smelled better and was on the ocean ( after she told my wife there was no rooms available) Sorry this was so long winded,but, I wanted everyone to know what a hassle this place was.

Tom

Archived