Just Booked Our Next Cruise

Well after much thought my DW and i have finally chosen our next cruise. This time we wanted to do more than 7 days so we are going on the Empress Of the Seas Feb 08 (great deal on air from Canada by the way). The Itinerary look great and as we don't spend much time in the stateroom we are not worried about the smaller rooms. Any insights as to the ship itself or the ports would be much appreciated.

Is this your itinerary?

Day 1 San Juan, Puerto Rico

Day 2 Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Day 3 Basseterre, St. Kitts

Day 4 St. Johns, Antigua

Day 5 Castries, St. Lucia

Day 6 Bridgetown, Barbados

Day 7 Cruising

Day 8 Margarita Island, Venezuela

Day 9 Willemstad, Curacao

Day 10 Oranjestad, Aruba

Day 11 Cruising

Day 12 San Juan, Puerto Rico

Looks like a great cruise if so. All docked too which is nice. I wonder if RCCL will have any ships doing this itinerary once Empress leaves the fleet.

Yes it is, no tendering and a fair amount of time in each port.

We did that same cruise a couple of years ago and loved it, would do it again in a minute.

We especially liked Margarita Island and Curacao.

d

We love the first group of islands you are going too. Never been to a couple of the other ones. I would love that cruise, the only thing that has kept us from doing that cruise is the fact that the ship is so small. Not sure I would do really good with that small of a ship out in the ocean. I wish they would do that cruise with one of the Radiance class ships. Our Princess ship was 113,000 tons this year and got into all those ports, so I wish Royal would do that also. Don't know about Venz and Curacao, but have been to the others. Maybe once they take the Empress out, they will replace her with a bigger ship.

Karena1--We did a 5 night cruise on the Empress in 9/06 from Ft. Lauderdale to Key West and Grand Cayman. It was one of the smoothest cruises we have been on. The Empress is in great shape. I would jump at the chance to do this itinerary, but I hate to pay so much in airfare to San Juan. Have gotten some great deals on air, Pittsburgh to Florida for $59. each way. The islands are all so beautiful!

Archived