East Mediterranean Cruise

herling

I am planning a July 2008 E. Mediterranean cruise. Any suggestions,recommendations? My daughter and I especially want to

sail from Venice.

herling

herling, from Venice on a 10- 14 day cruise you have basically two choices. You can stay completely eastern and go to Croatia, Athens, some greek Island, Kusadasi or Istanbul. Other cruises from the various cruise lines will do a little greece but then go west pick up Sicily maybe Malta, Almafi and maybe Rome. This is more a central med.

Leaving from Venice (presumably roundtrip) I would suggest you stay east. The central ports are accessible on lots of other itineraries. Doing the eastern ports are a bit more difficult.

There are some cruises however that may go from Venice to Rome or Barcelona. These are good as well but you will miss most of the Greek or Turkisk ports.

My advice is stay east. JMO

I suggest you check out the Emerald Princess. This is the same itinerary I did on the Grand Princess, but in reverse order. You would begin in Barcelona and finish up in Venice, which is great because you can add a couple days on at the end. I loved the itinerary, it gave us just enough of the Greek Isles, and I'm so glad I got to go to Istanbul, it was FABULOUS, as was Kusadasi. If I had it to do again, this is what I would pick. Have fun making your decision.

July is a very hot month to visit Eastern Mediterranean, and also it will be very busy due to the summer holiday. Last month there was a heatwave in Greece and Turkey, up to 45C. To me the best time to visit in September/early October.

Seven Seas Navigator has a one week's cruise leaving Venice on 26th July 2008, calling at Croatia, Greece and Turkey.

July is a very hot month to visit Eastern Mediterranean, and also it will be very busy due to the summer holiday. Last month there was a heatwave in Greece and Turkey, up to 45C. To me the best time to visit in September/early October.

I completely agree, we went the first week of October, and the weather was PERFECT, and no crowds at any of the sight seeing attractions.

Archived