Can I get a bucket of beer on QM2?

jgsmuzzy

mmm Nice dining room decor.

Does Rolling Rock Bucket go well with Louis Quatorze?

Karie,

Enquiring minds want to know!

Eventually I'll remember to take it back upstairs.

The Bucket goes with anything anyone wants. That's the charm of it, the versatility.

Well, I can't help you for two months, but if you can get it passed along for the next two months, I will be glad to take charge of it on October 31st and make sure it gets into Penny's hands on November 10th (or 9th, or whatever!)

And if Pauls is working the Commodore ... or anyone else, forthat matter! I am sure we can assure it will be in good hands!

Karie,

who just checked personalizer. Ia am in 8076. Sort of to the rear of a lifeboat, amidships, port side! Woohoo!!!!

Booked as a B Guarantee. Not blocking an upgrade, but hoping not for hull on Carib!

Actually, Muzzy, I was thinking of taking it back home after the holiday trip to Halifax, and not leaving it onboard officially until you get onboard on 13th January, when I know for sure someone who is in on this will be there. If you can think of others who wish to be part of the bucket brigade they need to know.

We'll be able to leave it in the Commodore Club, won't we? For the next group/meeting of FOH?

Jack (Cornus) has agreed to look after the bucket for the 4th September transatlantic, and then we could have it on the 15th september QE2 round Britain. We just need to figure out a way to get it back onto the QM2 for it's journeys to start properly. As I said, there is a chap that is travelling on our QE2 trip, and then onto QM2. If I can remember who he is, and he agrees then that could be the way of doing it? If not, then I think that the 13th January would be the best time for Hyacinth to embark. (what a way to go, with all 3 Queens!)

Any views from other FMFOH? (founder members, friends of Hyacinth)

That is right I'm back! It's one thing to to make fun of buckets of beer but bringing the Cubs into this thread was crossing the line.

In all seriousness I was just trying to make the point that a rude person sipping champange is still a rude person.

Maybe there can be feed bags so that people don't have to wait for their food....hmm.. a feed bag thread, not a bad idea

That is right I'm back! It's one thing to to make fun of buckets of beer but bringing the Cubs into this thread was crossing the line.

In all seriousness I was just trying to make the point that a rude person sipping champange is still a rude person.

Maybe there can be feed bags so that people don't have to wait for their food....hmm.. a feed bag thread, not a bad idea

I don't think you're reading these messages with more than a cursory look. First off, the Cubs have been only mentioned as the BEST! of Chicago, and making that other team look even worse, not that they need the help.

Second, there is a lot of that subtle Brit humour going on around here, that sometimes is not so obvious to us colonials. But we go along with it, because we get it eventually, and as it turns out, it's really quite funny. "Snobs" making jokes at their own expense, often, as it turns out.

AND! It's my bucket. And I'm willing and happy to play along. When you and the bucket are on the QM2, you are welcome to put in it whatever you wish. There is such a thing as the "reverse snob", and unfortunately, they are often unable to laugh at themselves.

Now, back to the bucket, or, the FOH.

"Reverse Snob". Is that an ice skating move that I have not heard about?

Actually, Muz, I think it's from high diving.

"Here's Cletus Hornswoggle up next, his dive will be a reverse 3 and one half snob in the pike position. Degree of difficulty 2.9."

Ah, now that you put the "reverse Snob" into perspective, it is obvious that it is a diving position. How very remiss of me.

I do think, however, that the "reverse 3 and one half snob in a sturgeon position" would warrant a difficulty of at least 3.1

Actually, Muz, I think it's from high diving.

"Here's Cletus Hornswoggle up next, his dive will be a reverse 3 and one half snob in the pike position. Degree of difficulty 2.9."

And the scores:

10 10 9.8 9.6... Oh, and the Rumanian judge gives it a 5.4!

Ah, now that you put the "reverse Snob" into perspective, it is obvious that it is a diving position. How very remiss of me.

I do think, however, that the "reverse 3 and one half snob in a sturgeon position" would warrant a difficulty of at least 3.1

:p I lol'd. Well, giggled, actually.

But wouldn't a sturgeon position cause a lot of splash? They're strict about those kinds of things, you know.

• 1 month later...

THREAD RESURECTION WARNING!

Angela,

How did Hyacinth get on? Did she enjoy the first taste of the QM2? :D

Muz, we took the train into the city, which meant long walks pulling the cases along like reluctant mastiffs. And I had a great need to bring many pairs of dress shoes. Therefore...

...Hyacinth stayed at home and is waiting for YOU! in January.

I almost brought her, but it just didn't seem right without you. :D

Muz, we took the train into the city, which meant long walks pulling the cases along like reluctant mastiffs. And I had a great need to bring many pairs of dress shoes. Therefore...

...Hyacinth stayed at home and is waiting for YOU! in January.

I almost brought her, but it just didn't seem right without you. :D

After I even reminded you! Hmmppph!

Meet me at the dock on October 31st and *I* shall bring her aboard QM2!

Karie,

who certainly respects (new) traditions more than Miss Angela does, obviously!

After I even reminded you! Hmmppph!

Meet me at the dock on October 31st and *I* shall bring her aboard QM2!

Karie,

who certainly respects (new) traditions more than Miss Angela does, obviously!

Here's an idea...since it's Muzzy's "new" tradition why don't we let him be the one to inaugurate it?

Your suitcases will be too full of Halloween costumes, besides.

Looking forward to it! I am just a little daunted at the thought of trying to always make sure there is a CC'er to look after it.

"Lexx, there are no cc'ers on the next TA, I will need to go and keep the bucket company......" I am not sure that will work....

Looking forward to it! I am just a little daunted at the thought of trying to always make sure there is a CC'er to look after it.

"Lexx, there are no cc'ers on the next TA, I will need to go and keep the bucket company......" I am not sure that will work....

Muz, I'm sure she wouldn't mind as long as you take her with you!

(BTW I answered your Q. about my SN in the other thread.)

Thanks for the reply Nina.

Seems the new Host is workign hard for their money. Making people change name, deleting threads that might upset the status quo etc.

That is the first and last comment I will make on the subject.

Do you think there is a chance it could be left onboard by itself? :)

If not, I would imagine that at least thru next year there will be lots of possible candidates to pass it on to. And if not that, you will have a lovely bucket until another time. Something will work out.

Thanks for the reply Nina.

Seems the new Host is workign hard for their money. Making people change name, deleting threads that might upset the status quo etc.

That is the first and last comment I will make on the subject.

Where is the new host? It would be nice to know who it is.

They have a hard act to follow with Doug.

Matthew

Where is the new host? It would be nice to know who it is.

They have a hard act to follow with Doug.

Matthew

I'm not sure of the difference, but Laura is a community manager, and I know it has sometimes been her duty to remove/move posts. I believe they sort of compliment one another (or maybe they just complement one another!) Wait, I got those two backwards!

I do hope if there is major change afoot, we might be advised of it, so we can act (or whine) accordingly! <G>

(hit here Ms or Mr host ma'am sir! <G>)

Karie,

who is always a perfect little angel and always follows all of the rules to a tee.

Archived