Can I get a bucket of beer on QM2?

jgsmuzzy

Less than 100 days before the bucket departs!

She must be getting excited...(the bucket that is)

I wonder whether we can get Cunard to make a name tag for the bucket?

Well, if you come up with one you can send it on to me and I'll attach it.;)

Have extra bag tags we can use for the bucket.

Found a bunch from my collection that I can spare.

:cool:

Are you going to send them here or just leave them in the Commodore Club? You'll be onboard next month, yes? I'll be on 3rd January and Muzzy on the 13th. Muzzy will then become Bucketmaster.

You can Roger that, sir .... :D :cool:

So you and Muz will be tagging Hyacinth then? You know you'll have to take pictures. Vic, does that email addy of yours down there work and have you checked it?

Oh Muz, did you think it would ever come to this elaborate plan when you asked about a bucket of beer? :)

Oh Muz, did you think it would ever come to this elaborate plan when you asked about a bucket of beer? :)

Nope, but I am glad it has. I will be bringing along a little book to go with Hyacinth, the "Guardians" will enter their name, voyage and home town plus anything else they deem fit.

they deem fit.

I read that as dream. It could all go very HappyScot!

I am very tired from Leo's 2nd birthday party today! We have taught him to say Queen Mary. It's dead funny. I shall try and capture it on video!:D

So you and Muz will be tagging Hyacinth then? You know you'll have to take pictures. Vic, does that email addy of yours down there work and have you checked it?

Haven't checked that mailbox (in ages :eek: ) but will now. :D

Nope, but I am glad it has. I will be bringing along a little book to go with Hyacinth, the "Guardians" will enter their name, voyage and home town plus anything else they deem fit.

And I never would have thought my little dented bucket would take on such a life as Hyacinth. Just hope we remember to pack her.....:eek:

Kidding! We'll pack her first.

I could bring the tags with me on the 13th.

Or mail them to Angela, so she can have the honor of applying them herself.

:)

If you and Muz want to apply them, it's fine with me. And/Or I'd be honored to put them on. It's up to you guys! ;)

• 1 month later...
I hope you have sorted out Hyacinth's passport. It is getting close to embarkation day!

Yes she's all ready to go, but not yet dressed. Vic said he was going to send the tags several weeks ago but I've yet to receive them! Which means she is like us, with no dress code, and therefore nekkid. :rolleyes:

:confused: Sooo--please tell me---just where will this infamous silver bucket rest when she finally boards the QM2? And what will she hold, or does that change from time to time, and will she still be in residence on the QM2"s March 24th voyage for me to sign or whatever one does with her? I just don't want to miss out!:D Just give me the scoop. Please!

Hyacinth will be living in the Commodore club between voyages, and collected by her guardian each cruise. There will be a "guest" book with her to record your memories etc. Hopefully, she will be on board for a long time to come!

Can you please let me know whether you are willing to take on the bucket for your voyage?

So far, the guardians are

Voyage DateGuardian03-Jan-08Angela (Wadadli1)13-Jan-08James (jgsmuzzy)21-Jan-0802-Feb-0815-Feb-0819-Feb-0829-Feb-0810-Mar-0820-Mar-0324-Mar-08Poodlesmom 06-Apr-0816-Apr-0822-Apr-0828-Apr-0805-Apr-0810-May-0816-Aug-0822-May-0827-May-0802-Jun-0808-Jun-0814-Jun-0826-Jun-0802-Jul-0808-Jul-08

Please, first let me know just how she will be transferred from one person to another and the other particulars of responsibility, for instance is she filled by caretaker and with what and will she be welcomed (fillings and all) by the Cunard folks and or U.S.Security I am new to Cunard and would be most honored once I know that the whole transition process is feasible and that I won't be booted off before I get on. At this moment we are arriving via Amtrac and taxi; however, that differs with each hour that goes by. I would not want to be responsible for the demise of what would otherwise be a long and beautiful relationship between CCers and their shiny, beautiful bucket of beer!

Archived