Can I get a bucket of beer on QM2?

jgsmuzzy

Please, first let me know just how she will be transferred from one person to another and the other particulars of responsibility, for instance is she filled by caretaker and with what and will she be welcomed (fillings and all) by the Cunard folks and or U.S.Security I am new to Cunard and would be most honored once I know that the whole transition process is feasible and that I won't be booted off before I get on. At this moment we are arriving via Amtrac and taxi; however, that differs with each hour that goes by. I would not want to be responsible for the demise of what would otherwise be a long and beautiful relationship between CCers and their shiny, beautiful bucket of beer!

I, too, am waiting to see what is the ultimate plan for the bucket. Muzzy and Vic have got something brewing (pun), but they have yet to divulge the particulars of it.

Oh my God! Now they are are going after salt! These idiots in Washington have nothing better to do than to legislate what we eat, drink or smoke. Of course there is nothing else of importance to concern themselves with.:rolleyes: Sorry, I get so irritated!

Karie - I can only comment on the QE2. Many years ago they had bottles/cans for the passenger bars and they also had a tank onboard that they filled up with keg beer for the crew. More recently I think I've seen beer taps in the Golden Lion (as I only ever pass through I'm not certain). It's cask beer that doesn't keep or travel well and needs to be kept very still for a good 24 hours before you serve it. Even the vibration from the engines when she's tied up in port would be too much for cask beer:(

I remember it well on one of my biannual Bermuda Cruises,

Right, the plan is a very simple one. Angela will take the bucket on 1/3 and leave it behind the bar in the Commodore club when she disembarks. I will pick up the bucket on the 13th, and hand it back to the Commodore club at the end on my voyage for the next person.

Fill it with whatever you want, use the bucket for the duration of your trip, just do not take it home with you! Fill in the guest book with where she has been, take photos and post them back in this thread!

That is it, simple really!

Voyage Date Guardian

03-Jan-08 Angela (Wadadli1)

13-Jan-08 James (jgsmuzzy)

21-Jan-08

02-Feb-08

15-Feb-08

19-Feb-08

29-Feb-08

10-Mar-08

20-Mar-03

24-Mar-08 Poodlesmom

06-Apr-08

16-Apr-08

22-Apr-08

28-Apr-08

04-May-08

10-May-08

16-Aug-08

22-May-08

27-May-08

02-Jun-08

08-Jun-08

14-Jun-08

26-Jun-08

02-Jul-08

08-Jul-08

Right, the plan is a very simple one. Angela will take the bucket on 1/3 and leave it behind the bar in the Commodore club when she disembarks. I will pick up the bucket on the 13th, and hand it back to the Commodore club at the end on my voyage for the next person.

Fill it with whatever you want, use the bucket for the duration of your trip, just do not take it home with you! Fill in the guest book with where she has been, take photos and post them back in this thread!

That is it, simple really!

So, there is no hand-carrying the bucket aboard, just picking her up in the Commodore Club? Some how I had the idea that the bucket would remain in the Commodore Club for all Cunard CCers to sign, and visit-- or whatever. That isn't the purpose?

The bucket will be at all CC meetings, and always in the photos!

Is it staying there, or will you be taking it off with you? How do you think the crew in the Commodore Club will feel about it staying onboard, if that is the plan?

It's your bucket, Muz, so you are welcome to do whatever you wish. I'm just curious.

My intention was to speak to the Food and beverage manager, and explain all about it. I was not intending to take the buvket off with me. I was hoping it would be a fixture.

If the F&B manager is nonplussed by this, I will take it off with me and mail it to the next recipient.

J

My intention was to speak to the Food and beverage manager, and explain all about it. I was not intending to take the buvket off with me. I was hoping it would be a fixture.

If the F&B manager is nonplussed by this, I will take it off with me and mail it to the next recipient.

J

But they will let me leave it onboard for you, I hope!?

If you could ask the bar staff in the Commodore club nicely, I do not see why not. I will try to check in advance! I'll let you know.

J

Thank you, Muz! You've got me a little worried. But goodness, it's just a harmless little tin bucket that's looking for some beer. :)

I have not had a response yet. Looks like it might be as well to take it anyway, and we will deal with the details on board. If you could leave it with the bar staff in the Commodore club, with instructions that I will collect it, we should be fine.

I have not had a response yet. Looks like it might be as well to take it anyway, and we will deal with the details on board. If you could leave it with the bar staff in the Commodore club, with instructions that I will collect it, we should be fine.

That is the current plan. Vic said he's sent special tags for me to put on her, and if they absolutely won't hold Hyacinth for you in the Commodore Club, we will come up with a Plan B. Whatever happens, Hyacinth will be there waiting for you.

The Library? Bucket + Log?

That's not a bad idea! OTOH, if it's Ok to have a log book that belongs to CC (technically) in the Library, why not a bucket that belongs (eventually) to Muz?

When Muz gets to the Commodore Club, Hycinth with either be there or there will be instructions for him--perhaps a scavenger hunt?? :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Or mail them to Angela, so she can have the honor of applying them herself.

:)

Vic!

You don't ever seem to read your mail, so let me tell you here--the tags came last Friday!

And as Matthew says, my flabber was ghasted! I'm really supposed to put those tags on my little old bucket?

Fill them in? No, I don't think so. Well, maybe her name and a Queens Grill cabin!

Lick them or use a sponge?

Sure hope I don't forget to bring the bucket....:eek:

Was wondering how it would look ad any chance.... if i was to ask for a champagne bucket for my Beer.... Nowt worse than only having 2 pints in front of you at any one time ;) wish i had more hands....

Watch this space i will have a photo on here following our cruise (Pirates ball will be a poss location)

Brian

:D I was talking to my aunt the other night. She was on an NCL cruise to Bermuda in October and she mentioned, just out of the blue, that there were some passengers who bought many buckets of beer. I had to laugh because I really didn't think that there was such a thing sold on a cruise. I must call back and find out just what was in the bucket--bottles, cans, or free-flowing beer. Does anyone know?

Hi Angela!

Happy New Year! :)

Is Hyancith "dressed up" and ready to sail?

Hope you and yours have a great time on board.

Enjoy!

Well, Hi there, Vic!Long time no talk. She's all dressed up and ready to go. She's in a bag somewhere, and I even hammered out the dent so her accutrements would fit better. She's in one of the carry on bags, so it will be fun to see what happens when she goes thru the xray machine. :p

You know, it would be nice if you checked that ratty yahoo mail address you have for me to write to.....:rolleyes:

Muz,

Your Hyacinth is dressed with Vic's tags and is packed and ready to go. I hope you enjoy your bucket and hope you enjoyed the trouble you started with this thread. :p

Got to go and have a whiz around the West Indies myself now. See you!

Got to go and have a whiz around the West Indies myself now. See you!

If you didn't drink all that Wadadli and Piton, you wouldn't have to whiz so much!

Have a great time. Not sure about where you are, but could be below 0 for the NW hills of CT tonight! Ugh!

(cheese Whiz, I meant Cheese whiz! In case you get hungry with all the beer!<G>)

KP

Archived