Ispiration or Imagination

ispisthebst

They are the same class of ship with basically the same layout. I was on the Inspiration in May and loved it, and booked it again for February. The service and food was the best I've had. The Inspiration is being dry docked in September to be "rehabbed" so I'm anxious to board her in February and see what they did. I don't think you can go wrong with either ships. I loved Calica! We did Xcaret and had a blast.

We love the 4-day Inspiration sailing (we have done that a few times) - and are booked on 8/9 for the 4-day Imagination. I am sure we will have a BLAST there as well. We have never been on the Imagination.

There should be plenty of reviews of both ships on the boards.

What date are you considering?

Does the port of departure make any difference to you?

Have you sailed on Carnival previously (any Fantasy class ships?)??

Tom

What dates are you considering? I only have good things to say about the Inspiration. We wanted to go out of Tampa which is why we chose this ship. Review of both ships are available under the reviews section. I don't think you could go wrong with either ships. We acutally prefer this class of ship, easy to get around, not as many crowds, Tampa is a great port to go out of, what else do you want to know?

Wanting to know which ship is "better" is relative. What is important to one person isn't important to the other. You still haven't answered when you want to go...is it a secret? The reason I wanted to know is the Inspiration is going in for upgrading. Whichever one you choose will be just fine.

I went on the imagination in February and thought it was nice clean and very enjoyable. Calica was nice we went to Playa del Carmen and went to senior frog which was an absolute blast. The imagination is going in for renovation in October, I have never been on the inspiration but I know people who has an thought it was nice too.

We are planning to go in late August. Is the Inspiration that much older looking than the Imagination though?

From everything that I have read - and we have also been on a few different Fantasy class ships - my answer would be "NO".

Make your choice based on the departure port and the ports of call, as I would say the ships are equivalent! There is no WRONG choice.

Tom

Archived