Sept 8th Magic/western-Teens goin?

tkamc

Just askin...my teen sons want to know if there will be other teens on this

cruise or mostly little kids since school will be back in session. Anyone out there going?:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, my son is developmentally disabled and traveling with a group and staff for the awesome cruise............he wants to dance, dance........so we booked him with about 15.........this group is nationwide known and most of the folks are over 25 but love DISNEY................I am crossing my fingers for good weather and worrying if a hurricane hits............eek. sailinsal .........my son Philip

Dont worry about hurricanes. if the weather looks bad they will just go a different direction on the ship and they will still have a blast.

We had a large group of people who were developmentally disabled on a cruise with us a couple years ago. They danced everynight in the Promenade lounge while they waited for dinner.

I guarantee NOBODY on the ship had more fun than they did!!!

They ALL had a huge smile when ever you would see them doing things around the ship. We did visit with a few of them that we seemed to run into around the ship and they just loved Mickey so much!! And he loved them.

That cruise really showed what the Magic of Disney was all about.

I know your son and his group will have a very magiclly cruise!!!

I have a grandson who has autism and he is treated like a king on Disney!!

mom x4,grandma x4

My son is here right now and he let me read your reply and we are so thrilled with your reply. We just got him set up with a clock for his room and his waterproof watch and his headset for the plane; the group leaves from Los Angeles but is based in Santa Barbara. I told him about the tip about ordering the Mickey ears ice cream bars for his stateroom. We have taken him with us on four cruises and he has done two cruises with this travel group but Mexican Rivera. His last cruise was last May a l0 day to Alaska with us and he had his own stateroom next to us. He will share a stateroom with another traveler in the group. sailinsal and son Philip

I hope when your son returns you will share a trip report with us about some of his adventures, and the adventures his group has.

That is a long plane trip. I am going to Oregon to visit my mom the end of the month, from Florida and it takes all day!!

I hope he is arrivng one day ahead of time to get rested up before the cruise. Although he may have enough energy he wont need to rest, me I'm an old granny and i need my rest;)

Please let me know how it goes. I hope to take my grandson again someday soon.

Tell Mickey hello for me!!!

mom x4,grandma x4

I almost forgot,

you can also call room service and order HOT chocolate chip cookies late evening too with a cold glass of milk!!! it is not on the menu, be sure and ask for the HOT ones or you will get a regular plate of cookies.

a couple of times it was peanut butter, but mostly chocolate chip!!

Do you know about getting autographed pillowcases or picture frames too??

put either 2 white, prewashed and ironed pillow cases OR a matte style picture frame that can be written on in a zip lock baggie. put in some water proof colored markers and a card with your name and room number on it.

take this the first day to the guest services desk and ask to have them autographed. you can ask for all the different autographs or just a couple of his favorite characters. the last night it will be delivered to his room all signed and ready to go, NO charge.

This is a neat souvenir. One tip, dont send light coloted markers like pink or yellow they dont show up as good. medium or dark red or blue, green, grey, black, dark orange, gold are all ok, just not light colors or you can just stick with black against the white pillowcases.

They are easy to pack, wont break and a free souvenir. some frame them on the walls, others actually use them to sleep on.

many do matte frames but I have never done that, I would be afraid it would get broken.

Does he like Pirates?? the pirate praty is great fun for everyone. at dinner he will get to keep a couple of surprizes he can wear one to the party if he wants. FUN FUN FUN !!!!!

mom x4,grandma x4

Archived