E-docs vs. Paper Docs

niffer03878

As this is my first cruise I am completely clueless as to the benefits of doing the e-docs vs. having them mailed. Does it make a difference which way you go? I just want to make sure that we do everything right and don't miss anything. I tried doing a search but couldn't find anything. What all do I need to fill out online? I know that I need to do the Fun Pass, but how soon in advance? We leave in 58 days.

As always thanks in advance for any advice :D

E-docs/paper docs both say the same thing. No major advantage/disadvantage to either. Use whichever you're more comfortable with. You can fill out your Funpass right now

As this is my first cruise I am completely clueless as to the benefits of doing the e-docs vs. having them mailed. Does it make a difference which way you go? I just want to make sure that we do everything right and don't miss anything. I tried doing a search but couldn't find anything. What all do I need to fill out online? I know that I need to do the Fun Pass, but how soon in advance? We leave in 58 days.

As always thanks in advance for any advice :D

Advantage of e-docs is no stressing over if/when your paper docs will arrive

Disadvantage of e-docs is the document dance is not as good, IMHO :D

This is always my favorite question and I ALWAYS stress about it! Always! There's a 12 Step Program for this!!!!!!! :eek:

About 3 weeks before you cruise, you will receive a package in the mail from your TA or Carnival. In that package will be your cruise ticket/your luggage tags/excursion info./itinerary and ship information (at least that was true in May, 2007!) Things change on a daily basis. And, this is true about all the Cruise Lines.:rolleyes:

You can get your Funpass right now...(or, after final payment!) The Funpass is great...step up to the registration desk; along with your picture i.d. and your Passport (ALWAYS have your Passport in an easy place to get to), you'll be asked for it by the registration people/the security people/and whom ever else, before you actually get on board! :(

If you have to "fumble" for your Passport (you'll hate yourself) and so will everybody else in back of you!!!

Have a funfilled and restful cruise......you will soon become HOOKED!

And, I do believe they are opening up a "Betty Ford Center" for this addiction, as well! ;)

You can get your Funpass right now...(or, after final payment!) The Funpass is great...step up to the registration desk; along with your picture i.d. and your Passport (ALWAYS have your Passport in an easy place to get to), you'll be asked for it by the registration people/the security people/and whom ever else, before you actually get on board! :(

We tried to fill out our Funpass info online, but had to stop at the passport page. We do not have ours yet to fill in that information, and we don't want to put down our birth certificates as the id, because we are hopeful our passports will come.

To me, there's no reason NOT to get edocs. Print them whenever you wish, keep a copy on your PC, a copy on your PDA, wherever. You always have them. With paper, you have to wait for Carnival to send them on their schedule, and if you lose them or want to print extra luggage tags in advance, you end up downloading them anyway.

I got a passport/ticket holder from amazon that goes around the neck. It's great just pull it out in line and tuck it in for the picture. Keeps' the passport/ticket and a few other things in one secure place. Then it's into the safe once on the ship.

David

David: Great idea, I will have to look it that. I usually save the outside pocket of my carry-on for all I.D. But, then I'm bending over and picking through the stuff, all the time.

Around my neck...I'm going to try it!

Thanks! See how much we learn from each other....I've become a much more savvy traveler since these boards! :D

Archived