Entertainment on World Cruises / Grand Voyages?

tom_uk

I've just returned from a 10 night cruise with Celebrity, during which I became aware of the issues the on-board entertainment troupe had with performing three different shows in the 10 nights. Also, having done the same cruise last year, I noticed that one of the shows looked very much like one we saw on the previous cruise! Of course, on a 10 night cruise that's probably OK.

But it set me to wondering what happens on a world cruise or grand voyage such as P&O do. Do you get the same show a dozen times over? ("It's Monday so it's Broadway Memories in the theatre again tonight, folks!") Or what?

I'm not on the verge of booking a world cruise (or even a segment thereof), but I'm interested. Can anyone who's done at least a lengthy segment elucidate?

We did two segments of Oriana's World Cruise this year and although we are not great show goers from what I remember there was little duplication of the shows.

They also brought in guest acts and flew them off again so they changed quite a lot.

Having said which some of teh shows are "in the repertoire" so we had seen before.

We have done segments of the world cruise and they go to great lengths to make sure the 700+ folk doing the whole cruise get there monies worth. So they do not repeat.. they even vary the menus as much as they can.

Yes speciality acts fly out with the folk doing the segments... and also the specail lectures are flown out.

You wont get bored!!:rolleyes:

Archived