How friendly is Carnival and their PAX...

cruiserguy99

.....the use of their when it should be there.

Have a fun cruise!

:D

This is from the Community Guidelines:

Spelling and Grammar Errors It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies.

Thank you for the suggestion. But, I don't think other gay and lesbian people would have a problem with what I asked. That is why I am asking here.

I think gay and lesbian people would probably be able to give you candid and therefore useful responses based on their actual experiences.

As for this board, those who don't care will respond accordingly; closet bigots will not respond to the question at all; unapologetic bigots will respond with something that will inevitably lead to a thread-incinerating exchange.

This is from the Community Guidelines:

Spelling and Grammar Errors It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies.

.....it was meant that there is no problem with them going on the cruise, that a spelling mistake would be their biggest problem.

Oh and by the way, perfect grammar and spelling. You do a great job with cut and paste. :rolleyes:

I think gay and lesbian people would probably be able to give you candid and therefore useful responses based on their actual experiences.

As for this board, those who don't care will respond accordingly; closet bigots will not respond to the question at all; unapologetic bigots will respond with something that will inevitably lead to a thread-incinerating exchange.

Exactly! :D

Also, I didn't see the other thread. I did a few searches after reading the suggestion and this site kept timing out.

The other thread was zapped because it went way off topic. It turned into a right or wrong situation and had nothing to to with cruising or Carnival. As I'm sure this one will eventually come to.......

As far as if passengers are friendly to gays on Carnival....it would be no different then going to any other resort or big city......

Or they will create a new user name thinking no one will know who they are. :rolleyes:

We're good here ... my feelings on PDA are the same regardless of heterosexual or homosexual - there is just a time and place for it (referring to practically making out on the Lido deck!!) ... holding hands are certainly ok - even a smootchie or two is fine with me!!

I hope you two have a great cruise ... enjoy your time together!

To the OP:

I'm sorry there are people in the world who have made you feel like you even need to ask that question. If someone has a problem with your hand-holding, then it's just that, their problem, not yours. ;)

I hope you two have a wonderful time!:)

on Miracle in Jan 2006. As far as I know they did not run into any problems with staff or guests. In fact, they want to cruise again in the future. Of course every sailing will be different with different people sailing.

My wife and I have no problems with Gays and Lesibans..I know on Carnival they usualy have Friends of Dorothy (check your daily Capres for times) meetings daily so the cruise line is friendly towards it.

I was curious as to the meaning of Friends of Dorothy, when I got back from the cruise I looked it up

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friends_of_Dorothy_Society

Hope this helps..enjoy your cruise

I am a straight female.

My last cruise on Carnival, 2 years ago, I went because it was a bingo cruise.

Here's a funny story for you.

On my second night, during the magic show, they played the song "It's raining men", and shot a cannon with male paperdolls. One of the guys sad real loud "where did these little boys come from.

The whole front row was gay men. That started the chain of events for me. One turned around and started talking to me. I introduced myself and told them I lived in CA., 35 miun from SF. They asked me to come sit with them. It turned out they were part of a large group, over 200, and it was a Halloween cruise, so you know they came to perform. I got some great pictures form their mascarade party.

My new friends invited me to all of their get togethers and parties. I have never laughed so hard and had such a good time on a cruise in my life, and I have taken 11 cruises. I would finish dinner and would head to their events.

They participated in the talent show, and were cheerleaders. At the end of thier skit, they laid on the ground facing the band and spread eagle. The audience roared. The conductor who had a monotone face all night almost fell he was laughing so hard.

Oh did I mention there was a church convention onboard. Picture someone saying "well I never" and people with frowns on their faces. By the end of the cruise, several of them including the grouchy men looked forward to the group coming in because they knew they would be funny.

Carnival let them reserve the disco one night and I went to the party. Quite a few danced every record. I could not keep up.

A few participated in the hairy chest contest. As they pivoted and switched downstairs, we had a few Kodak moments. During the pool games, they did syncronized swimming. Even the kids were laughing.

Yes, many held hands, but were very respectful and did not go overboard on deck or in the disco. The highlight was I met the guy from Will and Grace. He is the character he plays on the show.

I say go and enjoy your cruise. :)

PJ

Archived