Spirit Cruisetour transfers?

rritter6

Has anyone gone on the Spirit cruisetour this summer? I am getting conflicting answers whether or not the transfer to the ship from Anchorage at the end of the tour is included? My online documents say it is NOT included and can be purchased for $75. My travel agent says it is included.

I haven't received my documents yet, but I was told when we booked the trip that the transfer was not included. The Carnival rep that I spoke to said we would have to purchase it seperately for $75.

Has anyone gone on the Spirit cruisetour this summer? I am getting conflicting answers whether or not the transfer to the ship from Anchorage at the end of the tour is included? My online documents say it is NOT included and can be purchased for $75. My travel agent says it is included.

I am laughing right now as our travel agent insisted that it was included, too, but I knew that it was not. Repeat -- transfers are not included.

[on that note, why the heck aren't they? it's not like there are taxis or other options as in other ports]

in any event, you can book the Carnival transfer at any time, even on the cruise-- or use a private company. We used The Magic Bus with no issues at all -- even got a little tour, too. All for $40 pp.

http://www.themagicbus.com/

Be aware that things in Whittier at the end of the cruise are VERY hectic. You must have something arranged before the end of the cruise to get you to anchorage.

I am laughing right now as our travel agent insisted that it was included, too, but I knew that it was not. Repeat -- transfers are not included.

Thanks for the update! I have had a bit of a disagreement with my travel agent about this. We are also getting to Fairbanks a day early on our own and do not need airfare from Anchorage to Fairbanks - I think we are also being charged for this. Turns out the cruisetour part of the trip is costing way more than we had anticipated.

Archived