Has anyone been to "Cali" the shipwreck?

cantwaittocruise30

Mu husband and I are boat diving with Diver's Down (the Cali is their shore dive) in Aug and then we will probably shore dive the Cali. I have not read much about it, but it sounds good and I've heard that almost anywhere you dive in Grand Cayman will be good. Eden Rock and Devil's Grotto is also supposed to be really neat with lots of swim thrus, so we may do that also if we have time. (They are out front of the dive shop also named Eden Rock)

We have also been there but they said that Coral Gardens was great and we were very disappointed there. Since a lot of the wrecks are new there hasn't been enough time for growth. I would like to hear from someone who has been there for more info...please!!! Happy cruising everyone!

Save your money. The Cali is POO POO! Nothing there but a bunch of dead coral and a load of junk. If you feel you must see it, you can just go from shore for free. You can get in behind Hammerheads or Divers Down.

I say Smiths Cove is the best FREE option on the island. Its where the locals go swimming and snorkeling and its only about a mile from the port.

Can't understand the last post and I live on Cayman.

Smith Cove is all sand and flat ironshore until you reach the mooring which is a long swim. Then there's not much out there and it's the best part of a mile outside George Town. It's also turned into a squatters camp which regularly gets cleared out by the police, probably safe in the daytime but definitely not after dark.

The Cali is about 5 minutes off Rackhams, Divers Down or Hammerheads, all minutes from the Royal Watler Terminal and 10 minutes max from the South Terminal - great fish life, big tarpon, decent littel coral reef.

The other options are either Eden Rock, Don Fosters (again both walking distance) or Sunset House (might choose a cab for that).

Archived