passenger misses ship

mullr

Thanks.

I seem to recall being on an HAL ship some years ago and hearing HAL did the same thing for some other cruise line's guests. They missed their ship and HAL gave them a ride to the next port which would be shared with the other people's ship the next day.

I wonder how current this information is. It seems to me that most HAL sails are going out full and there are no cabins available for anyone who might have missed their ship. Or maybe it's different on some Carnival sails.

I wonder how current this information is. It seems to me that most HAL sails are going out full and there are no cabins available for anyone who might have missed their ship. Or maybe it's different on some Carnival sails.

Hammy, as we all know, there's full & then there's full. ;)

Maybe there's a super secret hidden cabin kept for emergencies? :D

Maybe stranded pax are given the cabins of the pax who left the ship for medical reasons (or worse :o )?

Have to admit I'm rather surprised that folks don't know about the port agent info. It's rather prominent on the port info page delivered to the cabin the night before, the port lecturer discusses it several times in his talk (which is replayed ad nauseum on tv) & the CD mentions it in the announcements just prior to disembarkation when the ship has been cleared for the day.

My goodness - what are folks thinking when they get off the ship, for the most part in a foreign country, sometimes w/o a passport? Where are you going to go for help? :confused:

Why wouldn't the baggage be left in the cabin in case they caught up with the ship before the end of the cruise?

This is why I tell people at every opportunity that it's not a good idea to leave their passports locked in their cabin safe when they go ashore! If they don't want to take them along, then they should be left with the Purser!

On the Carnival ship when we left Cozumel it was our last port, in fact we only had two: Playa Del Carmen and Cozumel (5 day cruise out of New Orleans) so once we left Cozumel our next stop was home port, so the people couldn't return to the ship and flew home.

My goodness - what are folks thinking when they get off the ship, for the most part in a foreign country, sometimes w/o a passport? Where are you going to go for help? :confused:

As an admitted obsessive type when going to foreign ports I also take the address and phone number of the embassy or other U.S. agency, as well as a copy of the main page of my passport. Wherever we are, my cruise buddy also has a copy, and I have a copy of hers, as well as emergency contact names and numbers. Useful in case of purse snatching, mugging, or medical emergency.

Archived