Is May 4 too cool for this cruise?

billnye12

My wife and I are planning to take the Carnival trip from Long Beach to PV, Mazatlan and Cabo departing, possibly May 4 of next spring. I have a couple of questions that would make this decision easier.

1. What is the weather like in early May in SoCal and northern Mexico? The first two days of the cruise are At Sea and we don't want to spend them in our cabin. Is the weather nice enough to sit on deck that time of year and sip cocktails?

2. What are some "can't miss" excursions that we should look into? Which specific excursion businesses that have you went through before would you go back to? We are beach/snorkel/water kind of people if that helps.

3. I read somewhere that wetsuits are recommended for diving in Cabo that time of year. Is the water really that cool?

We've only cruised once before (Western Caribbean on Carnival) and loved it!

Your help is very much appreciated!

As far as the weather is concerned you can go to [url]www.wunderground.com[/url] and click on Trip Planner. You can then select an area and a date range and get the average for that location and month. I checked on May and the daily high's are aroun 87, lows around 68. Sounds nice. :)

It is usually cloudy but not cold in Socal & Northern Mexico during the Spring months. It is called "May Gray" and "June Gloom." The temp will be in the low to mid 60's in San Diego during the day. It might be kind of cool to be spending a lot of time on the deck unless you can find a spot out of the wind. The farther South you head the warmer it will get.

Archived