Any Info On Costa?

sunnydelyght

Could anyone pass on their experience(s) with Costa, particularily the Fortuna, with or with out children? We have cruised on Carnival, NCL & Princess but never Costa. This will be a first with our kids aged from 8-11. Thanks:)

It's a very European type cruise experience. Hope you like an Italian slant on most of your food. We found Costa to be much more smokey than other lines as they tend to attract more Europeans. They also aren't known for having the best kids club, so be aware of that. We are not Costa fans because we found their food to be at the bottom of all our cruises. IMHO, I feel Costa is akin to a bargain basement cruise experience.

It's a very European type cruise experience. Hope you like an Italian slant on most of your food. We found Costa to be much more smokey than other lines as they tend to attract more Europeans. They also aren't known for having the best kids club, so be aware of that. We are not Costa fans because we found their food to be at the bottom of all our cruises. IMHO, I feel Costa is akin to a bargain basement cruise experience.

Thanks for the info...is this on the Caribbean cruise or just the Europe cruises? Some have told me that the caribbean cruise are differently run then the Europe one.

I sailed the Costa Victoria in 1997 and it was fine. The ships are ultracontempory. There was no chardonnay by the glass (which is my drink)- so I didn't like that at all! The ships are smokey. I sailed on a Caribbean cruise and remember dark lounges and small staterooms. Get a suite or mini suite.

The crew was very friendly and we had a great time though. It was my husband's first cruise and to this day he says it was his favorite. Costa ranks below all the other lines I have sailed.

The only place I'd sail it again would be Europe because they go to so many places there and tend to be cheaper than Celebrity or RCL.

But for the Caribbean- I'd stick with RCL, Celebrity or Norwegian.

I sailed the Costa Victoria in 1997 and it was fine. The ships are ultracontempory. There was no chardonnay by the glass (which is my drink)- so I didn't like that at all! The ships are smokey. I sailed on a Caribbean cruise and remember dark lounges and small staterooms. Get a suite or mini suite.

The crew was very friendly and we had a great time though. It was my husband's first cruise and to this day he says it was his favorite. Costa ranks below all the other lines I have sailed.

The only place I'd sail it again would be Europe because they go to so many places there and tend to be cheaper than Celebrity or RCL.

But for the Caribbean- I'd stick with RCL, Celebrity or Norwegian.

Thank you for the input. I have been told they have since tuned down the smoking in most areas to just a few, hopefully that is true.

Archived