If you we're going on a wedding cruise would you pick Caribbean or Grand?

JoefromBergenNJ

Which wedding cruise date would you select?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which wedding cruise date would you select?

• No opinion - Don't Care - Wouldn't Matter
    • July 1, 2008 - 9 Nights Caribbean Princess
    • December 19, 2008 - 14 Nights Grand Princess

I would never get married on a ship. In theory it sounds romantic, getting married in the Caribbean maybe on a beach or with the captain doing the ceremony etc, but in reality it's tacky, with pre-recorded church music and false marble pillars, and then there are the thousands of other people going about their cruise not even bothered about your 'big day'. And to remember it all you will have average photos to look at from the onboard photogs.

Sorry if it sounds bad what I said, but I have worked on ships for over 6 years and have seen many weddings at sea and they have all looked incredibly tacky. If you want to do it as a way of avoiding paying a lot of money then great, but yours sounds like spending big so I would say have a proper wedding and if you insist on cruising, go for the honeymoon.

If you must get married onboard, take your own photographer. The ones on ships are not professionally trained and have little experience with weddings. They might be good at formal evening but they ARE trained for that. You might be lucky and get one that's done quite a few but it will be a gamble that you will only discover if you won when you are looking at the pictures.

Might sound harsh but I'm just giving my opinion from years at sea.

It was a fantastic experience and Princess does it right.

Our pictures are wonderful and professional; the ones on our shutterfly account are just a few that were taken by photogs, friends and family.

We had Leon as our Photog. on the Caribbean Princess and he was GREAT! He was a legitimate photog and knew what he was doing.

I would not hesistate recommending a wedding cruise on Princess to anyone. I might agree with you on the photos from other lines; I've seen some from Carnival, and they are truly bad.

It was a romantic event.

People did notice us and care; we received so many compliments and congratulations.

Our music was LIVE by a PIANIST, not some pre-recorded stuff.

We did pictures like any other wedding, including family shots and we booked the photog for the cocktail hour.

So while Admiral is entitled to his opinion, it is just that, his opinion, and i hope others would not be deterred.

Happy Sailing!

So while Admiral is entitled to his opinion, it is just that, his opinion, and i hope others would not be deterred.

Happy Sailing!

Don't mean to be rude to anyone, and I'm glad you had a nice wedding. There will probably be others who will say the same. But I think you are lucky, that things went that well, and again you may have great pictures but you only found out afterwards right?

Yes it's just my opinion but I've seen so many of them, Princess is a little better than other lines say Carnival for instance who are dreadful but it's still a big gamble.

We had a lovely wedding at sea. Princess does a lovely job, they have LIVE music, and the photogs do a wonderful job. There was simply nothing tacky about it.

You really can't compare Princess to any other cruise line offering wedding packages, because, until very very recently, Princess was the only one that actually did weddings on the ship, rather than in a port of call. I would hesitate to schedule a wedding in a port due to potentially not making that port because of weather or a ship issue.

The purser that is assigned the wedding coordinator duties takes the responsibilities very seriously. Not only were my husband and I wed on board (the Grand), my dad chose Princess to totally surprise my Mom for their 50th with a second wedding - not just a renewal of vows. Since I did all the coordination of that event with Princess, and was there - I can attest to the fact that it was incredible - and remained a complete surprise to my mom until the doors opened and she saw my DH and I standing on either side of the captain, the pillars and flowers forming as aisle.

We chose to be married on board because we wanted a low key and intimate ceremony. It was exactly what we wanted.

Archived