Why Do Some Cruisers Act Like a Pack of Wolves When Faced with a Buffet?

NolaGuy

Wow... now this is a thread where people are arguing about how people in Asia eat :p You know, a slob is a slob is a slob, most people have enough common sense to determine whether it is a cultural difference or a filthy slob :rolleyes:

I worked with a guy who was the kind of guy who would drop everything and come help you if you needed it. All around great guy..........except he had an eating problem. He would chomp his food with his mouth wide open. He would talk while he ate and food would drop from his mouth to the table. How do you tell someone something that should be obvious to them?

Only visited the buffet 2 times during my cruise and both were for breakfast. There was a little line ( 2 or 3 people ) but I never felt rushed and never saw any outragous behavior, just a buffet line like at denny's or shoney's. It is what it is;)

Maybe I was in line at an off time, too, so didn't see (or pay attention to) outragous behavior.;)

My visits to the buffet usually was to get fruit, or put together a salad for lunch. Dinners were in the main dining room; lunches were usually the deli sandwich with above fruit or salad.:)

I, sometimes, went to the buffet for breakfast to get an omelet.

BUT, I have to admit..........I gained 10# in 8 days:mad: ..........took me 3 months to lose it!! (hey, older people have more trouble losing weight!!):(

Sorry, I would have grabbed the ring leader or whoever was running the convention around the neck/collar and in an extemely LOUD tone told them to get out of my and my family's way until we were done as we were here first! And if he (figuring it was a he) protested he would have felt an extremely painful sensation in his nether region! That's a guarantee!

Are you just an angry person by nature, or do you work at it?

And if she had poured the contents into a glass or coffee cup and drank it, then it would be ok?

And I'm sure she DRANK it, not slurp or lapped it down from the bowl.

UNREAL!:mad: :mad: :mad:

No matter whether she drank, slurpped, lapped or inhaled it from her bowl, however she did it, it's still bad manners.

When I see people pile on the food like its the end of the world it makes me lose my appetite.

Me too. But I love the fruit for lunch so I always get a big plate of fruit. And most of their sugar free cakes are very good too. So that's my lunch...lol sugar free cake and fruit :)

Where we enjoy buffet food is in lancaster pa. Much better than cruiseship buffet food.

Archived