Golden Princess Mattresses (Latest?)

Hiwayman

My wife and I will be sailing on the Golden in October for the Mexican Riviera. I've heard the mattresses were being upgraded? Was this true, or are the mattresses as hard as previously advertised? If not, we will need to fax Princess to request an egg crate on our bed. Is the fax number still (661) 284-4770? Much thanks!! :)

My wife and I will be sailing on the Golden in October for the Mexican Riviera. I've heard the mattresses were being upgraded? Was this true, or are the mattresses as hard as previously advertised? If not, we will need to fax Princess to request an egg crate on our bed. Is the fax number still (661) 284-4770? Much thanks!! :)

Hiwayman,

So when are you cruising on the Golden in Oct.?

If it is on the 27th cruise, we have a roll call set up and would love for you to join us at this URL:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=522125

I also would like to have this mattress info.

If the mattresses are still like rocks, we may have to drink our selfs to sleep!!!!!:eek: ;)

see you on the 6th also the 13th:D

Rob

Hi! Just got back from Alaska on the Golden. While I loved the cruise and ship, I would have to say my only complaint would be that my bed was not comfortable. One sister agreed, and the other said hers was fine. I would have ordered the egg crate if I had known ahead of time. Have fun! The staff on the ship are great!

I just got off the phone with a Princess agent. She said all suites and minisuites on all ships have been upgraded. If anyone has a cabin other than those, I would suggest requesting an egg crate mattress. They do work.

I just got off the phone with a Princess agent. She said all suites and minisuites on all ships have been upgraded. If anyone has a cabin other than those, I would suggest requesting an egg crate mattress. They do work.

Well, unless it has been done in the last couple of months, you got another CSR pep talk which wasn't true. Even in our full suite on the Dawn in April, the mattress was so bad the room steward offered to put two egg crates on top to make it tolerable. Old, lumpy and saggy.

We sail on the CB next month and I am waiting to see what the beds are like then. Last year, the bed was worse than the floor and we never book less than a mini suite. The duvets and new bedding are great, but they really need to concentrate on the bed itself and not just the toppings.

Well, unless it has been done in the last couple of months, you got another CSR pep talk which wasn't true. Even in our full suite on the Dawn in April, the mattress was so bad the room steward offered to put two egg crates on top to make it tolerable. Old, lumpy and saggy.

We sail on the CB next month and I am waiting to see what the beds are like then. Last year, the bed was worse than the floor and we never book less than a mini suite. The duvets and new bedding are great, but they really need to concentrate on the bed itself and not just the toppings.

My daughter and son-in-law sailed on the Grand in April and they did have a new mattress and bedding in their mini. But you are right. It's not always wise to take for granted what the sales reps at Princess say!!! As for the bad mattresses....this is an area where Princess has always been lacking. They have had the worst mattresses in the world!!!!!

Hi! Just got back from Alaska on the Golden. While I loved the cruise and ship, I would have to say my only complaint would be that my bed was not comfortable. One sister agreed, and the other said hers was fine. I would have ordered the egg crate if I had known ahead of time. Have fun! The staff on the ship are great!

So how can you request before you board the ship...an egg crate for your mattress? I don't want to wait till I get on board or they may be all given out!

So how can you request before you board the ship...an egg crate for your mattress? I don't want to wait till I get on board or they may be all given out!

Mail to:

Princess Cruises

On Board Services Dept.

24305 Town Center Dr.

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

Specify your request for an egg crated mattress. List your booking number, ship's name, cabin number and date of departure. And mail well before you leave.

This has always worked for me. Good luck!

Mail to:

Princess Cruises

On Board Services Dept.

24305 Town Center Dr.

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

Specify your request for an egg crated mattress. List your booking number, ship's name, cabin number and date of departure. And mail well before you leave.

This has always worked for me. Good luck!

Thanks for the info!

Archived