CAbin upgrades

I have been told by an experienced cruiser that you can get on Rcc's website & see if they have upgrades available. I also noticed on the boards that some people talked about calling Rcc to see if their fare had dropped. I can't find anything on their website like that & when I called they asked if I booked thru a TA. I booked thru Travelocity and they said they couldn't help me. So, is it better to book directly with Rcc so your price might go down? I' m new at this.

You can track the prices of cruises by going on the www.rcl.com webpage and going through the motions of booking your cruise. This is the same was you would find if there are any cabins available in categories higher than the one you have booked.

I believe the travel agent you mentioned does honor price drops, so if you find that the price has gone down, you would call your TA and ask for the price adjustment. Simple as that! :D

Good luck

A

The easiest way I've found to see how many cabins are available as potential upgrades are to go through Travelocity's booking process. Pretend like you are booking one category LOWER than what you want. The Travelosity site will then show you deckplans of the ship, and you can scroll across the cabins (done by cabin #). Those that are available show as "Upgrade your stateroom", where as those rooms that are booked show up as "Not Available". I find that this is way easier to see what's still un-sold as it shows you all the cabins, as opposed to only 7 cabins that will show up on RCCL's site.

For our AOS cruise in December, we booked a junior suite and are hoping to upgrade to a grand suite. Well, when I just checked, it shows that virtually every Grand Suite is still available, where the majority of junior suites have been booked. What that tells me is that I will have to get to the pier early so that I beat all the other Junior suite people that are wanting to do the same thing as me!

Hope that helps!

Lynne

Read with interest your post about upgrading. While we've cruised many times, never on RCCL. Traveling with friends on the Voyager in October. We're already in a suite, but would love for them to get upgraded. How would you suggest we best go about it? Any help would be most appreciated.

I happened to call RCCL today to find out about my final payment and asked that very question. I was told by RC that usually if this is your first cruise with RCCL than probably not...you have a better chance if this is a second or third cruise. She also said that when you check-in you can check and see if upgrades are available...for a price. Hope this helps.

I tried to get the answer to "Where is the pier coordinator" a few post ago. Now, the $64,000 question (for a $400 upgrade), what is the earliest TIME you can check in at the cruise terminal for the elusive upgrade? I know this may change by next May, but I would like to know.

Jacquelyn :D

the earlier you arrive the more likely you are to get an upgrade if the ship is not sold out..That being said we were upgraded on the Sovereign (5 years ago?) after we had boarded and dropped off our carry on and went to lunch. On that one we did not ask and the cabin steward let us know when we returned that we were being upgraded...no explanation given and none requested.

Okay, I got ya, the pier coordinator...my next stupid question... when do you go see him, after you have checked in with all your documents or before? And, do upgrades at the pier usually cost less than actually booking that cabin in the first place?

see him after you check in. In most cases yes...the price to upgrade is per cabin not per person and some savings can be good. There is a post on the board (somewhere) with upgrade prices and I will try and fint it.

This was posted by Alexis on 8/10:

"To upgrade from:

Inside to RS(Royal Suite) $1500.00

Suite to Suite 1000.00

Balcony to Balcony 600.00

Outside to outside 300.00

Inside to inside 100.00

Outside to RS 1200.00

Suite to suite 700.00

Balcony to balcony 300.00

Outside to outside 100.00

Balcony to RS 1000.00

Balcony to suite 400.00

Balcony to balcony 100.00

Suite to RS 800.00

Suite to suite 400.00"

I believe that the first two categories should have been constant for all category upgrades as the balcony and suite categories (last 2 categories) were listed. These prices were listed as the cost for upgrades for 7 day cruises.

Those are the prices that are available at the pier when you are talking to the pier co-ordinator for upgrades, assuming that upgrades are even available. So yes, kidsrus, that is arrival day as you are still techinically at the pier and haven't gotten on the ship yet.

As you can see, it's considerably cheaper to upgrade at the pier than it is to do it through your TA beforehand. For us to upgrade to a junior suite would have been like either $400 or $600/person more. At the pier, it's $400 total, for a savings to us of either $400-$800, which pays for quite a few of the extras that we spend onboard!

Lynne

Go and see the pier coordinator...in Port Canaveral it is located about in the center of the room and the end of the counter.

Good Luck!

Does anybody know if there is a pier coordinator Cape Liberty in Bayonne and if so what time do they start?

Shortstop,

We upgraded at the pier in Bayonne in July on the Voyager. We had an E1, checked in on the line for our assigned deck, got our seapasses. We mentioned we'd like to upgrade and were sent to the Pier Coordinator who was in the center of the counter area. We arrived at 10:30 tho we were told in our docs not to come until 2:30 for a 5PM sailaway. At 10:30, there were 3-4 junior suites available. We were shown the deck layout and asked if any of those cabins were ok. There was one on the hump, midship which we knew from the boards would be bigger, cost was $400 for the upgrade. We took that one, new seapasses were made up, were given a numbered ticket for the shuttle bus(all this took 20 mins). We then sat down in the terminal, listened to a band and waited for our shuttle number to be called.We were on the ship by12:15. We loved the junior suite

Archived