Wine In Whittier

debwind

There's a small liquor store in the Whittier Harbor area. Just come off the ship, through the Terminal, across the parking lot, when you get to the street, hang a left and follow the road into the harbor. Walk to the end of the road, walk towards the left at about 45 degrees, into what is called the Harbor Triangle. The Outpost Liquor Store is on the farside, but the small dock. They might have a limited selection.

Has anyone experienced the grocery store in the Begich Tower? We'll be staying at June's B&B two nights prior the cruise (gotta catch some halibut!) and was curious about a possible wine selection there.

The grocery store in the Begich Towers is very limited. Mainly soda, snacks, and microwave food. The Anchor Inn has better selection of food items. The only liquor package store is the Outpost on the Harbor Triangle.

Racegal, you best bet for wine is to buy some in Anchorage and bring it with you. I lived in Whittier when I was a kid and I am pretty sure the wine you will get at the "Triangle" liquor store will be a typical low end grocery store variety. Hope this helps.

Archived