Silly Princess Question - Do You Miss The Love Boat? The series, not the desset

DiazLoves2Cruise

Do you miss the Love Boat television series?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Do you miss the Love Boat television series?

• Yes!
    • Yes - now especially since I started cruising myself
    • Never really watched it
    • No - it's gone, time to move on
    • The Love Boat - Isn't that a dessert on the dinner menu?
    • Geez - you guys are old

The Love Boat theme always takes me back to my time working on the Original Pacific Princess....good times

found this link on youtube, bloopers set to the Love Boat theme proving after a certain age you should cruise & leave the small boats alone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRifgh3jO2c

That was great ! Do they still play the theme as the ship leaves port (it's been awhile since our last Princess Cruise)

Here's a link to a photo of The Love Boat Dream dessert, and, might I add that it's as good as it looks!

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1146134529055899630oKQeNL

That love boat dream is super chocolate.It's so sweet that if you had a coke after eating it, you would think you were drinking seltzer. I don't even look at the desert menu when I know that thing is waiting in the wings.

I, as well, was in college when the love boat was on. I remember that we couldn't go out on a Saturday night until after we watched the weekly "Love Boat" episode.:) I definitely would watch it again.

We actually had an actor working for us as a temp, who left for a while when he landed a gig on an episode, one of the special ones, where they actually got to go on a real cruise (the Mediterranean). He ended up being one of those smiling faces at the beginning.

BTW, he was one of the best temps we've had.

It was, what it was, but try to remember the size of the corridors (the companionways) As I recall they were wide enough for two marching bands to pass each other quite comfortably. And when was the last time the cruise director met you as you boarded?

What was really a hoot was just how little work Julie, Gopher, Doc and of course Captain Steubing really did! How does one find a job like that?? Isaac was the only one that really had to hustle (LOL).

Was always secretly envious of Vicki though, since she didn't have to go to school and had what seemed to be a rather glamorous life.

Yes it was mindless entertainment.

The biggest surprise for me from watching the show and then going on the actual ship was the various nationalities of the crew. After watching the show, you'd think that everybody who works on one of these ships is an American. The Captain - American. The Ships Doctor - American. Purser, head of bar service, cruise director? yep, Americans. heh. I guess Italians, Philipinos, Brits and Romanians don't make for good American TV actors. :D

The biggest surprise for me from watching the show and then going on the actual ship was the various nationalities of the crew. After watching the show, you'd think that everybody who works on one of these ships is an American. The Captain - American. The Ships Doctor - American. Purser, head of bar service, cruise director? yep, Americans. heh. I guess Italians, Philipinos, Brits and Romanians don't make for good American TV actors. :D

What about Charo? Don't forget Mr.O'roarke and Tattoo -both heavily accented yet big stars on Spellings other hit. The Pacific princess also had a sliding Magrodome over her midships pool,something princesses new ships don't have.

[quote name='sackman']lol - yeah, I actually took a Mexican Riv cruise on the original Pacific Princess and was expecting the entryway to look like it did on the TV show, the public rooms to look the same, everything. But when it was all said and done, I wasn't all that disappointed with the experience.

What amazes me today is looking at all these ginormous ships and comparing them to the glorified yacht that is the original Pacific Princess. At 27,000 tons (give or take, that's my recollection anyway) the original Pacific Princess was downright tiny in comparison to what we have today.

And back on topic for a moment - yes, I miss the show. I thought it was great.[/quote]

They used both the Pacific and the Island Princess for the episodes that they filmed onboard. They were 20,000 grt and carried only 600 pax.

Because of the show I came up with the idea of taking a cruise for our honeymoon. It turn out that they were filming an episode during that voyage. We are in they background of about 10 minutes of the show. I would love to get that episode on DVD. They tape I have of the episode is not the best. I had to copy it from Beta to VHS and it is not the best quality anymore.

Archived