Port Canaveral To Orlando Airport Question

Is it possible to make a 11:35am flight at MCO Airport from Port Canaveral without any worries? I know it is 45 miles, which should take an hour or less, but what about the facts if using a shuttle transfer or taxi. The itinerary states 8:30am disembarkation, from a Mariner cruise of 2-13-05, which would be a Sunday return. Will I be able to get off the ship earlier and be able to retrieve my luggage without lossing my hair over it.

Joecruise

Disney Wonder 10/2003

Golden Princess 2/2002

Crown Dynasty 4/2000

Hey JoeCruise1955,

I can't answer your airport question but just wanted to say hi, and that maybe we'll see you on board the Mariner. Four of us from San Diego,CA are also booked on the Feb. 13, 2005 cruise. This will be our first time on a Voyger size ship, anxious to see if we like it. My husband says as long as they have the golf simulator he's happy. Only 178 days left till we go.

Happy Cruisin'

Cruise Queen 50

Make sure you stop by guest services the evening before you disembark they will have extra early color baggage tags. I originaaly had a late color, i picked up earlier tags and was off the boat by 9:15 this past sunday with baggage in hand.

I agree, it would take a private jet or the equivalent to get from the port to the airport in 15 minutes! Also, keep in mind that you will have to go through security/customs getting off the ship, get your luggage and then go through check-in and security at the airport. It can be an easy, fluid process, but unexpected things do occur: a hold-up at customs, traffic, road work, crowds at the airport. For an 11:30 flight, you have to make sure you are off the ship in an early group.

beachchick

Just be careful we had a 2:30 flight back from the Mariner, however, due to circumstances beyond our control because of a passenger taking ill and we had to drop them off at Nassau, we didn't dock till 10:30 needless to say by the time we cleared customs and our color was called we missed our flights. People that had evening flight times had different color tags and were called before us and that should never even happen if there isn't an emergency. Nine times out of ten you should be ok, but remember the lines are long in the airport also and we stood in line for over and hour to be rerouted. Just don't let it ruin your cruise, just enjoy the Cruise.

Archived