Tours in Halafax and St John

lovacruz

Hi going on the Victoru Aug.6th. Anyone have any suggestions for tours. Do not want to go through the cruise. I just had surgery on knee so can not take walking tour. I can walk but not too much up hills etc. Would love to know in advance before we arrive. Anyone else sailing this date?

Hi going on the Victoru Aug.6th. Anyone have any suggestions for tours. Do not want to go through the cruise. I just had surgery on knee so can not take walking tour. I can walk but not too much up hills etc. Would love to know in advance before we arrive. Anyone else sailing this date?

I have a bad knee so last year, when we were on this cruise, we did the bus tours (through Carnival) for both cities..........the Halifax tour took us to Peggy's Cove.........it was lovely

Last year, six of us were travelling together. We got off the ship in Halifax not knowing what we should do there. On the street in front of the dock we saw a guy directing traffic. We asked him, "If you had half a day here, what would you not want to miss seeing?" He said, "Peggy's Cove." When we said that there was six of us, he got on his walkie talkie and called a mini-van taxi. For twenty dollars each, we got a five hour tour (but opted to only take four so that we could make sure we were back to the ship on time). First, he took us to Peggy's Cove and we spent about 3/4 of an hour taking pictures, etc. We made a stop at the Citadel which has an awesome view of the city. He also took us to the Titanic cemetery, which I hadn't even known existed. Halifax was the closest large town, so lots of the victims were taken there to be buried. Some were identified, some weren't. There was a grave of a small girl with no name where people still put flowers. Also a tour of the city.

All in all, it was well worth more than the $20 pp for the tour we got.

I've also read where the Bay of Fundy is very interesting. Hope this helped.

Sorry, no. The guy directing traffic just got on the radio and called for the mini-van taxi and he was there in two minutes. Apparently, the taxi service sits nearby waiting for the next customer. Wish I could be more help.

We took the reversing falls/St Marten/St Johns tour and it was FANTASTIC--the best thing about the Victory!

The guides are interesting and friendly and make what would be just nice sight-seeing truly fascinating. We can frankly say we've NEVER been on a better ship's tour--and we've been on a lot.

It was truly an unexpected pleasure!

Archived