Laguardia to Carnival Victory

laurachr

I will arrive at Laguardia at 12:30pm on a Saturday. The Victory leaves at 4pm. Do i need to be worried about making the ship? What would be the best method to get the 3 of us to the port in a timely fashion and reasonably priced? I believe it is the Manhattan Port. If i take a cab, do i just say "Manhattan Pier" or something else? Will the driver know what I'm talking about?

You should have plenty of time. You could call Carnival for a transfer of $40 each, or I have read you can get a cab for a little less with tip. Takes about 40 minutes if no serious traffic. Tell them Pier 92, the cruise ship pier, they will know where it's at.

Sorry, not sure about the taxi cost from your airport...but we have been told it is $45.00 for a taxi of 3 from JFK. So that may give you some idea....

You have plenty of time.. just tell them to take you to the cruise ship piers at 55th and 12th Ave

I think it will run about $40

LaGuardia can be unpredictable because it's the airport most subject to delays in the US, but you should be fine. You should be able to get to the cab stand in an hour, in above average traffic, it should not take more than an hour to get to the pier.

You can call 212-777-7777 for a good car service, it should be about $35-40 to the pier.

I will arrive at Laguardia at 12:30pm on a Saturday. The Victory leaves at 4pm. Do i need to be worried about making the ship? What would be the best method to get the 3 of us to the port in a timely fashion and reasonably priced? I believe it is the Manhattan Port. If i take a cab, do i just say "Manhattan Pier" or something else? Will the driver know what I'm talking about?

It is a miracle whenever a day goes by without the NYC area airports getting put on a GDP (ground delay program) or an all out ground stop. Continental flights from CLE to all three airports (EWR, JFK, LGA) are rarely, if ever, ontime. Arriving 3 1/2 hours before you ship sails, at an airport like LGA where the simple act of claiming your bags can take upwards of an hour or more, and still having nearly an hour to get to the pier to me is insane. That gives you little more than an hour to spare. No way in hell would I risk that. Pay the change fee and find yourself a hotel and fly in the day before. Otherwise, with the airtraffic around NYC and traffic in NYC, I would give you less than a 50/50 chance of making your cruise. Remember, the ontime performance at LGA hovers around the 50% mark, with JFK a bit better and EWR a bit worse.

Take it from someone in the Airline industry (Southwest/CLE) that sees what happens day in and day out...change your flights.

Don

I would be worried about delayed flight. Is it direct? Are you leaving from an airport that will have other flights scheduled to NY if this is cancelled or delayed? If you decide to keep flight on Sat, make sure you check other possible ways in to NY in case something goes wrong.

It is a miracle whenever a day goes by without the NYC area airports getting put on a GDP (ground delay program) or an all out ground stop. Continental flights from CLE to all three airports (EWR, JFK, LGA) are rarely, if ever, ontime. Arriving 3 1/2 hours before you ship sails, at an airport like LGA where the simple act of claiming your bags can take upwards of an hour or more, and still having nearly an hour to get to the pier to me is insane. That gives you little more than an hour to spare. No way in hell would I risk that. Pay the change fee and find yourself a hotel and fly in the day before. Otherwise, with the airtraffic around NYC and traffic in NYC, I would give you less than a 50/50 chance of making your cruise. Remember, the ontime performance at LGA hovers around the 50% mark, with JFK a bit better and EWR a bit worse.

Take it from someone in the Airline industry (Southwest/CLE) that sees what happens day in and day out...change your flights.

Don

yes. this is exacly what i meant, LOL.:D :p

Archived