Cavern by Jeep & Beach Combo

• 1 month later...
How is this excursion offered by Carnival? Is it good for kids?

I've done this through the carnival excursions. It was my first Carnival tour ( I have only book sprivate excursions before so I was a bit nervous). We LOVED it!!! We have it scheduled AGAIN for our next visit! As far as kids go...well, that's hard to say. I guess it would depend on the kids. It's a long day and there are many times they would have to be quiet in the caves. There's swimming in the caves. They offer life vests for anyone who wants them. You cannot touch the bottom. When you swim in the caves there are some tight spots. Some people sat that part out. The guides always gave you plenty of info so you could make your own decisions. After the caves they take you to a private hotel beach and you eat lunch on the beach (which was delicious), and have some beach time. That would be perfectly fine for kids of any age. There are massage tents right there too. Then you get back to town and have a teeny bit of shopping time before the journey back to the ship. :) It's probably the best tour I have taken! I REALLY loved it! :)

About how much time did you have at the beach? Enough to get a massage? Did you happen to notice the price of the massages?

Thanks for the review!

I really can't remember how long it was but we had time to eat lunch (with seconds) and then we had quite a bit of time to walk along the beach and explore the area. We talked with the guides for quite a bit and then we just sat under an umbrella for a bit and waited for it to be time to go. Sorry I don't know the time all that took though. :( The massages...I have about the same memory level there lol...I CAN tell you that I remember thinking it was considerably less than the ship but more than what I've heard discussed for 7 mile beach in grand cayman and mahuahal (sp?). We decided not to get one and see if we had time at one of the other ports instead (which we never did so I kicked myself for not doing it there!). There were maybe 4 tent things and I think we seen 2 people getting a massage the whole time we were there. I wish I would have done it! Maybe next time!

Archived