food on rci cruises

You'll get mixed reviews about the food on the ship. IMHO it's not bad. I take the time to try things that I wouldn't normally try at home and if I don't like it they are quick to give me something else. Here is a link to the menu that I found on another board. It's for Freedom of The Seas 7 night cruise.

http://www.thepreismans.com/Freedom_menus.htm

I don't have a menu for you unfortunately, but I can tell you that we really enjoyed the food on the Freedom of the Seas last year. The dining room food was very good and the service was outstanding. The food in the alternative restaurants was outstanding, as we the service. I actually liked the buffet on Freedom better than other ships I've been on as well. And finally, the breakfast room service menu included hot items like omelets, bacon, eggs, and so forth, and that was a real treat, too.

We have really enjoyed the food on our RCI cruises. The breakfast in the Windjammer is really great and I usually get fish or chicken in the dining room and it's been good. I especially love the cookies which you can get in the Windjammer and the Promenade Cafe.

You know, you will get mixed reviews on this topic. But if some one else sets the table, cooks the food, washes the dishes and puts them away - the food has to be just fine! No, it is not categorized along with five star restaurants, but it isn't Mickey Dee's either! The food is good. Unless you are a gourmet cook yourself, frequent five star restaurants, I think you will find the food good. I have never turned anything away! I have tried several entrees at one time! I expect this level of "cooking", and to be honest, most is better than what I can cook! If something is absolutely wonderful - than I'm delighted! But again, the food is fine. I enjoy my omlets delivered to the cabin on the mornings of ports of call - giving me more time to sleep in and get dressed for the day! You'll have no problem finding something you like! Smooth sailing!

I always liked the food. I found the Winderjammer had an impressive assortment as well as simple regular fvorites, the dining room food was well presented, had good variety, and was tasty.

Archived