Cost of Iced Tea

jt58203

Be careful though! We like weak iced tea and the ship's iced tea is very strong. We always get half iced tea, half water in the buffet and ask for it that way when in the dining room. Most of the iced tea I see on ships looks like coke! They have lemon available in the buffet, and we always ask for extra in the dining room.

Iced tea is free but it is not the "sweet" iced tea my southern DH likes. He insists that cold tea cannot be sweetened, the sugar must be added when the tea is hot so it dissolves correctly. He gets a tea bag, brews the tea with sugar and then pours it over ice. It seems like a lot of work to me but I'm so crazy for lemonade I bring my own Crystal Light packets.

Iced tea is free but it is not the "sweet" iced tea my southern DH likes. He insists that cold tea cannot be sweetened, the sugar must be added when the tea is hot so it dissolves correctly. He gets a tea bag, brews the tea with sugar and then pours it over ice. It seems like a lot of work to me but I'm so crazy for lemonade I bring my own Crystal Light packets.

Hi just had to say that friends of mine just visited me from Kentucky and looked forward to the unsweetened tea back here where they are originally from. I always have plain old unsweetened tea in my refrigerator, summer and winter, can't stand it sweetened, although many of my friends do!:D

:D

Hi just had to say that friends of mine just visited me from Kentucky and looked forward to the unsweetened tea back here where they are originally from. I always have plain old unsweetened tea in my refrigerator, summer and winter, can't stand it sweetened, although many of my friends do!:D

We call that Yankee tea! Only way to drink it!

Yep, we do the same thing as your DH. Even my DH who doesn't like his tea sweetened makes a cup of hot tea and pours it over ice. Much better than what the ship trys to pass off as actual iced tea. ;)

I always pack my tea bags and get a container at the local store where we are staying the night before...instant Sun Tea for me when on the cruise! Have to..okay I am addicted to Iced Tea and enjoying it when I want it, where I want it and will always be!:D

Archived