Oh do I need help!

HI Guys!

Have a great question. I posted a message before about transfers from the docks to the airport but didn't have much luck after contacting the referrals. Does anyone know any good taxi service or transfer service that I can book online that is cheap. I just can't see spending 45euros a person for a trip that would cost a taxi (if picked up randomly) 20-30eu. Any cheap, reliable suggestions? THANKS so much!:eek:

HI Guys!

Have a great question. I posted a message before about transfers from the docks to the airport but didn't have much luck after contacting the referrals. Does anyone know any good taxi service or transfer service that I can book online that is cheap. I just can't see spending 45euros a person for a trip that would cost a taxi (if picked up randomly) 20-30eu. Any cheap, reliable suggestions? THANKS so much!:eek:

Which port for those of us who didn't see the original post.

Thanks!

HI Guys!

I just came off the Voyager in BCN last Saturday. We tried to get a taxi to pick us up upon return but could not book it in advance. If you are only 2 people I suggest using boat transfers. They cost $27 each. A taxi will run about 30E, and maybe a bit more with luggage. With the exchange it is barely worth the hassle of the taxi. The taxi line when we got off the ship approx. 8am was LONG!!!! I had read where it took 1 1/2 hrs. there to get a taxi..I believe it! We were 3 people and we still felt the ship transfers were worth it..they loaded the luggage right when you came out of the terminal. Minimal hassles :) Also your ship will most likely not be the only one in port so the taxis are split between the ships.

Also when we got to the airport the lines for check in were enormous! You can only check in your luggage 2hrs. prior to flight! If you have a late flight you cannot check in luggage and then go touring or walk around, they ONLY accept it 2 hrs. before! By the time we got thru the line it was 2hrs. until our flight so we didn't have to drag it around anymore :) We flew out at 1:05pm. Some folks had early flights so left the ship by 6-6:30 am!

Yes I am nervous about the flight. I am on the VOS and docking at 5am in Barcelona. Our flight leaves at 9am. It was the only one available.

I don't think we have time to wait for a boat transfer. I heard they are big buses and you have to wait for it to fill up (we are express walking ourselves off), There is 4 of us too.

Yes I am nervous about the flight. I am on the VOS and docking at 5am in Barcelona. Our flight leaves at 9am. It was the only one available.

I don't think we have time to wait for a boat transfer. I heard they are big buses and you have to wait for it to fill up (we are express walking ourselves off), There is 4 of us too.

They are pretty flexible even if you have booked air on your own, if you let them know you have an early flight they will give you first colors off the ship. I met people who had a 10am flight and they did ship transfers no problems..but at that early hour you will probably be ok with getting the taxi..they are lined up upside the terminal and they had a line set up so it's not total chaos..it's first come first serve. But I think the lines don't get super long until around 7:30 or so..after the first wave of people.

We did Villafranche on our own, hired a private driver for 6 hrs. it was great, we wento to Cannes, Monaco, Monte Carlo and Eze. Did not spend alot of time in each place..but enough to get out ,walk around, see what we wanted to see and off to the next spot. At Eze we had enough time to go all the way up..gorgeous views!

We hired a driver for Livorno who took us to Pisa and then Florence. Long day but saw everything..also had the same driver in Rome...It was amazing! We were able to go everywhere we wanted...some stops you only need a few mins like Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Pantheon..so by having him drive right there it gave us more time in places we needed it.

Did the Ship tour in Naples, went to Capri, Sorrento and then Pompeii..we really enjoyed it...it was a long day but our guide was very good and it was the easiest way for us to see everything we wanted...BEWARE though...the Jet foil to Capri..the water was unusually rough that day and about 90% of the people were getting sick on it..that was not a normal sea but it does happen. We were ok, we are used to boating and rocking etc...it was a great day for us.

In Sicily we also did a ship tour..it was just 3 hrs..we enjoyed it and were glad to have just a short excursion after all our long days.

Have a great time! Wish I were going back soon..but I need to get over my jet lag first as we just got home last night, we had 3 post cruise nights in London!

Not quite sure - about which port but if it is Barcelona - other critic members have used Angie - angietaxi33@ayhoo.com - I know that you can arrange to be met FROM the ship to the airport - you might try and see what their rates are and that way you have it arranged in advance.

We have previously come off in Barcelona early at 715AM and do not remember waiting for long lines for the cab since we were ahead of the crowd - have also done the ship transfer with our later flight time and that worked very well and no hassle.

Hope this helps

Archived