What would you do?

ShanteS

OK, I posted here yesterday asking about private tours in Barbados but it was moved. :( The family has narrowed it down to two possible tours. The ages of everyone who may want to do the tours are two couples in their 30's, 20 y/o, 19 y/o, 18 y/o, 13 y/o, 11 y/o, and myself (22). We are very interested in trying the Jolly Rogers Party Boat because we've heard nothing but good things about it. The only problem is that everyone can't participate. :) I also emailed Thriller Ocean Tours and they have a very reasonably priced Turtle & Shipwreck snorkel tour (50 for adults & 35 for kids under 12).

Which tour would you do? I wish I could do both but obviously we can't. In your opinion did you enjoy the jolly rogers/turtle & shipwreck tour? (To the host, I'm asking it here because I want to know Carnival cruisers opinion since the Jolly Rogers is a carnival excursion.) Thanks for any help. :)

OK, I posted here yesterday asking about private tours in Barbados but it was moved. :( The family has narrowed it down to two possible tours. The ages of everyone who may want to do the tours are two couples in their 30's, 20 y/o, 19 y/o, 18 y/o, 13 y/o, 11 y/o, and myself (22). We are very interested in trying the Jolly Rogers Party Boat because we've heard nothing but good things about it. The only problem is that everyone can't participate. :) I also emailed Thriller Ocean Tours and they have a very reasonably priced Turtle & Shipwreck snorkel tour (50 for adults & 35 for kids under 12).

Which tour would you do? I wish I could do both but obviously we can't. In your opinion did you enjoy the jolly rogers/turtle & shipwreck tour? (To the host, I'm asking it here because I want to know Carnival cruisers opinion since the Jolly Rogers is a carnival excursion.) Thanks for any help. :)

You should post this on the port of calls board for Barbados, that is probably why it was moved.

I did the jolly roger cruise....one year.... and the next we went on our own ... went to the boatyard and had a BLAST... it was 2 bucks p/p to get there from a taxi outside- It was awesome--- they have a rope swing and everything and the drinks are cheap for the adults--- they have a huge trampoline in the middle of the water--- so much fun!!!

jolly roger was ok- waste of money and time

I did the jolly roger cruise....one year.... and the next we went on our own ... went to the boatyard and had a BLAST... it was 2 bucks p/p to get there from a taxi outside- It was awesome--- they have a rope swing and everything and the drinks are cheap for the adults--- they have a huge trampoline in the middle of the water--- so much fun!!!

btw i did the destiny in november.. same cruise...

def go to the boatyard!!!

Thanks for your help. That's why I'm asking opinions because I saw some video from the Jolly rogers on youtube and it looked just "ok". Like some of the music was iffy to me. I've hear so many people say they had a blast etc. but I'm not so sure. Also I think we might have more fun if everyone could participate in something together instead of splitting up. Tough choice. We'll have to talk more about it.

I have heard a lot of people talk about the boatyard too. Doesn't the Jolly Roger boat go there for a little?

Thanks for the helpful tip. But I believe I stated why I posted it here. :)

But don't be surprised if this one gets moved too.

Yes, the POC board moves a lot slower than this and you'd have to wait for response but it was setup specifically for port info.

As for Barbados, can't comment on Jolly Roger, but we had fun at the Boatyard also. Walked waayy down the beach and did some snorkeling. And had some Banks and snacks. Watch out for the hot sauce.

Yano im not exactly sure where the jollyroger cruise took us... it was kind of weird.. im scared of water thats not crystal blue and i cant see the bottom... where it took us i didnt go in the water at all because it was like green and i saw things on the bottom hehe-

Im 22 myself and i went with my girlfriend.. boatyard was the best.. i highly recommend that.. anddd its cheap!!! you even get a free drink coupon apon entering... DEF alot alot alot of fun!

You and I are actually not far from eachother im in NJ

But don't be surprised if this one gets moved too.

Yes, the POC board moves a lot slower than this and you'd have to wait for response but it was setup specifically for port info.

As for Barbados, can't comment on Jolly Roger, but we had fun at the Boatyard also. Walked waayy down the beach and did some snorkeling. And had some Banks and snacks. Watch out for the hot sauce.

If it gets moved again it's no biggie, I've already gotten a couple of responses. I just prefer to post here, it takes forever to get responses on the other board. But thanks for your help too.

Yano im not exactly sure where the jollyroger cruise took us... it was kind of weird.. im scared of water thats not crystal blue and i cant see the bottom... where it took us i didnt go in the water at all because it was like green and i saw things on the bottom hehe-

Im 22 myself and i went with my girlfriend.. boatyard was the best.. i highly recommend that.. anddd its cheap!!! you even get a free drink coupon apon entering... DEF alot alot alot of fun!

You and I are actually not far from eachother im in NJ

Eww @ green water. I don't go into water that I can't see through either. LOL I think I might be leaning toward the Boatyard then. We are already paying 75 for the river tubing in Dominica,. So it'd be nice to save the 55 it's gonna cost for Jolly rogers not including the drinks.

Doesn't the boatyard have speed cruiser things (I can't think of the real name of it), water toys, and a banana boat?

What part of Jersey are you in?

Yeah its gross i wont step foot in it...Jersey Shore... <~ YUCK!!!

ABSOLUTLEY!! BOATYARD is def the way to go!!!!

Dominica i cant really say we just stayed on the boat and tanned because we didnt care for dominica at all-

So yes save your money and just take a cab over the the boatyard you def will not regret it- and if you do you can come back here and rub it in my face haha...

We went with Stephen (thrilleroceantours.com) to snorkle with the turtles, go to two ship wrecks 75' apart and a beach. We LOVED it! The ship's tour and Jolly Rogers has 30-40 people. Stephen has a max of 16. There were only 8 of us. The turtles swam to the boat as we dropped anchor. The mate feeds them. I found myself standing on one! I highly reccomend this tour! He has a speed boat with triple engines so he can cover more area faster.You can email me if you want more info - I have their local phone number. bonniejns@hotmail.com, subject Barbadoes. Our table mates booked the morning we arrived and Stephen waited for them as they were late getting there. (He had on camofloge (sp!) shorts. When he got off the ship he learned you can't wear camofloge in the Barbadoes. That is what gangs wear so cops may stop you and give you a hard time. He went back on the ship to change!)

We have been on the Jolly Roger twice. Had much better time the 1st time years ago. Then we went to a good snorkling spot. Last time we just went by a beach but there weren't many fish. Yes, swinging off the boat by rope was fun but.........

And a Jolly Roger capsized last week. All aboard were picked up by other boats. It was a very sudden strong gust of wind that did it! Don't remember which port.

If it gets moved again it's no biggie, I've already gotten a couple of responses. I just prefer to post here, it takes forever to get responses on the other board. But thanks for your help too.

Yeah, a person could grow really old waiting for a response over there sometimes. :D

I'm guessing you mean jet skis. If so, then yes the Boatyard has them. However, you need to be sure you use the ones closest to the bar. If you venture down the beach (just outside the lounge chairs actually) that isn't Boatyard beach and the locals charge way more.

Eww @ green water. I don't go into water that I can't see through either. LOL I think I might be leaning toward the Boatyard then. We are already paying 75 for the river tubing in Dominica,. So it'd be nice to save the 55 it's gonna cost for Jolly rogers not including the drinks.

Doesn't the boatyard have speed cruiser things (I can't think of the real name of it), water toys, and a banana boat?

What part of Jersey are you in?

Sayreville NJ-- More Central =)

We went with Stephen (thrilleroceantours.com) to snorkle with the turtles, go to two ship wrecks 75' apart and a beach. We LOVED it! The ship's tour and Jolly Rogers has 30-40 people. Stephen has a max of 16. There were only 8 of us. The turtles swam to the boat as we dropped anchor. The mate feeds them. I found myself standing on one! I highly reccomend this tour! He has a speed boat with triple engines so he can cover more area faster.You can email me if you want more info - I have their local phone number. bonniejns@hotmail.com, subject Barbadoes. Our table mates booked the morning we arrived and Stephen waited for them as they were late getting there. (He had on camofloge (sp!) shorts. When he got off the ship he learned you can't wear camofloge in the Barbadoes. That is what gangs wear so cops may stop you and give you a hard time. He went back on the ship to change!)

We have been on the Jolly Roger twice. Had much better time the 1st time years ago. Then we went to a good snorkling spot. Last time we just went by a beach but there weren't many fish. Yes, swinging off the boat by rope was fun but.........

And a Jolly Roger capsized last week. All aboard were picked up by other boats. It was a very sudden strong gust of wind that did it! Don't remember which port.

Thanks for your help Bonnie. I'm thinking we may skip the Jolly rogers then. We can always try it on another cruise. Stephen's tour is very reasonable, I want to email him as soon as possible to save our seats. Did you pay in advance or did you pay him at the port?

I believe Stephen said the tour was 3.5 hours and it starts at 9:30am. So we could do that and then check out the boatyard since urbabie highly recommends it. LOL

Yeah, a person could grow really old waiting for a response over there sometimes. :D

I'm guessing you mean jet skis. If so, then yes the Boatyard has them. However, you need to be sure you use the ones closest to the bar. If you venture down the beach (just outside the lounge chairs actually) that isn't Boatyard beach and the locals charge way more.

Yea! That's right jet skis. LOL OK, I'll make sure to remember that. Do you have to pay to use the beach chairs and water toys as well?

Yea! That's right jet skis. LOL OK, I'll make sure to remember that. Do you have to pay to use the beach chairs and water toys as well?

$12 to get in, DD was less, and $8 back in tokens. Beautiful beach. Soft sand, clear blue water, plenty of room. We picked a spot, got some loungers and one of the guys setup some umbrellas for us. If you go, get there early and get an umbrella. Again, the sun is hot, so don’t forget the sunscreen. We played in the water, on the trampoline and the “iceberg”. They have kayaks and jet skis, the jet skis are extra, $10 for 15 minutes I believe.

That's from my review, I didn't want to try and rely on memory :D . Everything, except the jet skis are included in the admission price.

$12 to get in, DD was less, and $8 back in tokens. Beautiful beach. Soft sand, clear blue water, plenty of room. We picked a spot, got some loungers and one of the guys setup some umbrellas for us. If you go, get there early and get an umbrella. Again, the sun is hot, so don’t forget the sunscreen. We played in the water, on the trampoline and the “iceberg”. They have kayaks and jet skis, the jet skis are extra, $10 for 15 minutes I believe.

That's from my review, I didn't want to try and rely on memory :D . Everything, except the jet skis are included in the admission price.

Thanks Mike. Wow, $12 is cheap to get all of those additional items. I was thinking something like 35 or so. We may not be able to get umbrellas though because if we do go it won't be until after 12 or so. We're doing the Thriller Oceans Tour with Stephen at 9:30am.

Thanks Mike. Wow, $12 is cheap to get all of those additional items. I was thinking something like 35 or so. We may not be able to get umbrellas though because if we do go it won't be until after 12 or so. We're doing the Thriller Oceans Tour with Stephen at 9:30am. And $10 for 15 minutes on jet skis is veryyy cheap. I'l definitely have to do that when I go. :)

Thanks Mike. Wow, $12 is cheap to get all of those additional items. I was thinking something like 35 or so. We may not be able to get umbrellas though because if we do go it won't be until after 12 or so. We're doing the Thriller Oceans Tour with Stephen at 9:30am. And $10 for 15 minutes on jet skis is veryyy cheap. I'l definitely have to do that when I go. :)

Those are 2004 prices, so you might want to check on those.

Did have another thought, have you checked the Destiny thread?

How far is The Boatyard from the cruise Terminal?

The Boatyard is about 3 - 5 mins drive depending on traffic. There is a Taxi stand outside of the cruise Terminal. If you choose to walk, it is about 15 - 20 mins depending on your pace.

How much for a Taxi?

Taxi fares are regulated by the Barbados Government and are pre-set to where your final destination will be, meaning all the Taxis should quote you the same fare. The taxi rate to The Boatyard from the Cruise Terminal is US$3.00 one-way. When you enter the Boatyard, included is your return transportation to the Cruise Terminal, leaving approx at 1:00pm at 15 mins intervals.

Do we have to pay to come in?

Yes, on a day, The Boatyard offers a Beach Package which must be paid to be allowed to entry on to their premises. Click on Adventure Beach for more details. At night, The Boatyard turns into nightclub where you can find local bands and rocking DJ's spinning out wicked tunes. Check out nightlife for the latest information.

What is there to do at The Boatyard?

How much time do you have?? There is so much to do and then MORE!! The Boatyard by day is fun, family orientated, relaxing, adventurous…actually everything you're looking for…you'll find at The Boatyard. Families love the Boatyard for all the fun water toys … for kids of all ages (Ocean Trampolines, Rope Swinging , Rock climbing Ice Burg and water slide), wave runners, Banana Boat rides, Para Sailing, Glass Bottom Boat Rides, Snorkeling gear, Kayaks, restaurant and bar facilities, changing rooms and fresh water showers. By night, The Boatyard transforms into a awesome nightclub where its time to let loose dancing under the stars. You must be over 18yrs old.

go to their website

Archived