Large party-some booking with TA some with PVP?

sherin65

We may be booking in July 2008 with about 3 or 4 families. One family uses a TA. I would prefer to use a PVP and book directly with Carnival. Our kids(4 total between three of the families) plan to stay in one room together inbetween the adult rooms.

Can we book the kids in the same room through different booking techniques such as one kid booked with the TA and the other three through the PVP?

Sher

I really think you are asking for a huge problem in having your wishes carried out if you are using both a TA and a PVP to work on the same group booking. To me, the wise thing to do would be to choose one or the other. I personally prefer a PVP, however, whichever way you choose, I think you should all use only one booking source.

How many cabins are you expecting to book? If it's less than 8, then it's not a group so who everyone books with doesn't really matter. But in order to eat together you need to be sure all the bookings are linked.

The only problem would be booking the kids in the same cabin. Normally Carnival will only allow a quad room reservation when all the parties can be booked at once, ie. they have all 4 names and deposits. I don't think they'd let you split a booking for the same cabin between them and a TA, but you might want to call your PVP and ask.

How many cabins are you expecting to book? If it's less than 8, then it's not a group so who everyone books with doesn't really matter. But in order to eat together you need to be sure all the bookings are linked.

Right. We'll only have 4 or 5 cabins, depending on who goes, etc. So, we arent an official "group" booking. It's the kids cabin I'm concerned about.

Sher

Right. We'll only have 4 or 5 cabins, depending on who goes, etc. So, we arent an official "group" booking. It's the kids cabin I'm concerned about.

Sher

You could always book everyone with Carnival and then transfer it to the TA. I mean if they really need to have their TA involved.

Just be sure after everyone is booked that your PVP or their TA links all the booking #'s together for dinner.

Guest nhrich
Can we book the kids in the same room through different booking techniques such as one kid booked with the TA and the other three through the PVP?

Sher

No. Either the PVP or the TA must book all passengers in any one cabin - it cannot be split up.

Rich, ACC

Caerfree Vacations

Archived