Liquor To Buy On Aos Trip

I Am Leaving On The 22nd Of July On The Aos Aruba/curacao/st Marteen/ St Thomas Trip. Where Is The Best Place To Buy Liquor. Like Jw Blue And Black???

I can not answer for that kind, but I found what I looked for and bought to be the cheapest in St Maarten. ;)

The best place was in Riese stores in St. Thomas - but beware - you might want to pack it in your luggage. The staff in the airport in PR wanted to charge us $50.00 or $80.00 as a 3rd piece of luggage. We argued the point and signed a waiver stating they are not responsible - if broken. Of course one of my bottles was broken - even after they shrink wrapped the box.

I was on the 7/8-15th cruise - going to the same Islands - wonderful cruise!

StewGirl.

I Am Leaving On The 22nd Of July On The Aos Aruba/curacao/st Marteen/ St Thomas Trip. Where Is The Best Place To Buy Liquor. Like Jw Blue And Black???

We always buy our liquor at the Liquor store in Havensight Mall. Found prices just as cheap there as downtown and have pretty much anything we ever want.

The best place was in Riese stores in St. Thomas - but beware - you might want to pack it in your luggage. The staff in the airport in PR wanted to charge us $50.00 or $80.00 as a 3rd piece of luggage. We argued the point and signed a waiver stating they are not responsible - if broken. Of course one of my bottles was broken - even after they shrink wrapped the box.

StewGirl.

The OP is from PR so airline breakage should not be a problem

The best place was in Riese stores in St. Thomas

i agree they had the best deals and a enormous selection........and as a member of the striding man society remember to "keep walking" and enjoy your cruise

StewGirl.

Thanks i am from PR so airport wont be an issue, a bottle of jw blue cost between $125 to $165 depend on the island location (puerto rico i mean) looking for the cheapest of course and good service!!!! gracias!

I was on that cruise this last week. You'll love it!!!

The cheapest is St. Maarten where I bought a 1 liter JW Blue at the dock stores for $110.

Once in St. Thomas, I bought 2 JW Black (1l.) for $42 at Heavensight Mall. The Blue was $125.

I strongly suggest reading this pdf brochure from the US Customs and Border Protection Agency which fairly well describes how much you can bring and, more important, where these things may be purchased to be truly considered "duty free": http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/toolbox/publications/travel/knowbeforeyougo.ctt/knowbeforeyougo.pdf

We sailed on AOS in February and I was shocked to find JW Blue on the ship for $99.00. I had seen it in St. Maarten for that price a year earlier at only one store and never lower, so I purchased it then and there on the first night before we left port. As soon as the ship set sail, you could no longer buy it for that price. They had all of the liquor on sale right before cruising at very low prices and they really mean it when they stop selling at those prices when the ships sails.

HBC

Does anybody knows if the liquor in Cuaracao is Different from the other islands?, like liquor only on sale in Curacao. i dont wanna see and like a liquor and wait to buy it other placeand dont found it. Please advise?????

Does anybody knows if the liquor in Cuaracao is Different from the other islands?, like liquor only on sale in Curacao. i dont wanna see and like a liquor and wait to buy it other placeand dont found it. Please advise?????

Curacao is the place to buy original "Blue Curacao liquor". There are many labels that sell Blue Curacao (in Blue Hawaiian drinks and many others) but this is the original. The curacao liquor comes in many colors (yellow, green, blue, clear, etc, but it all tastes the same. They also have wonderful rum raisin, chocolate and a few others. I bought several bottles while I was there.

Archived