Liberty - First Timer

princess3jak

You may be able to. If feasable, they may add an extra tour bus. But don't "count on it". You might want to look into reputable independent tour operators. Look at your Port of Call boards for suggestions

You can purchase excursions on-board form your interactive tv screen in your cabin. Much easier than standing in line at the tour desk. They will deliver your tickets to your door. Just because they close a tour presale does NOT mean it is sold out. I have never been shut out of an excursion, even in the Med.

CCL Ecstasy 4/92

CCL Ecstasy 4?96

CCL Paradise 2/04

CCL Valor 2/05

CCL Liberty 2/06

CCL Holiday 4/06

CCL Liberty 7/06 (Med)

CCL Valor 2/07

CCL Liberty 4/07

CCL Victory 7/07

CCL Freedom 2/08

Which tour did you do in Costa Rica? How did you like the Panama Canal tour (which one did you go on?). I am booked for the Aerial Tram & ziplining in Costa Rica and the 7 hour Panama Canal Tour and am just wondering what they are like.

Did you book your tours through Carnival and if so, when did they deliver your excursion tickets?

Thanks - :)

Two weeks to go.......yea!

We loved our tour to the Panama Canal-7 hr tour sponsored by Carnival--took 9 1/2hrs. Just be warned that the tour is ALWAYS later than they plan. We were told by someone on this board that the ship has to wait for this tour many times. Since it is carnival operated the ship waits. We had our lunch--turkey sandwich and banana muffin- while we were in the locks. All of us loved that part--including a 14 y.o. grandson. I have to admit that when we were out of the locks and on Gatun Lake I was a little bored. I am used to being in a boat and we were not going as fast as I would like. Well worth the money. We went to Uvero beach--tour from Carnival-- in Costa Maya. Worst money we have ever spent. The beach had so much sea weed I would not walk in the water--the drinks were awful. Sorry we did this one. The Liberty is great. My husband and I decided this was the best cruise ever. This was our 5th cruise in 2 years so we have tried several carnival ships. Going on the Pride in Oct. Have a great time.

Thanks for the update - were your excursion tickets in your room when you arrived? I know it's more expensive to book thru Carnival but not having to stress about getting back to the boat in time is worth it!

Glad to hear about the Panama Canal tour - I will make sure my 16 year old son and 14 year old daughter bring their ipods to keep them entertained during the "slower" times!

Any other advice for teenagers?:cool:

Do you have any of the capers from your trip?

We did the train in Panama and really enjoyed it it does sell out fast. In Costa Rica we did the rainforest tour it was ok. Costa Maya we just hit the beach right at the end of the pier it was clean pleasant and very relaxing. My son was supposed to scan the Caper for email he will be back yhis weekend I will check with him

The excursion tickets came the first night in our room. My grandson played his psp and listened to his ipod also. He and another teen (young girl) also pulled a couple of chairs together and napped--no not kids together!!! He got bored on other things easily. We did the bus,train and boat in Costa Rica and he slept on the bus but really enjoyed the boat and banana plantation. We all hated the train. It sounds as if one of the posters is going to send you the capers. If not I will e-mail them to you if you supply your e-mail. I can also scan pixs of going thru the locks.

Gusanddegetsmom: We will be on Liberty in September and was considering the Train, Boat & Bus Experience or the Adventure Canals, Rainforest & Banana Plantation. excursions.. I was leaning toward the Train one.. can you tell me why you didn't like the train??

Thanks,

Denise

It was an old train that was converted. We were packed like sardines. They had some seats that were facing each other. They were so close that your knees touched the seat in front and they wanted to put two on each seat. That would mean that you would have to put your legs in the persons lap across from you. Several refused and they moved a few to the next car. It is bumpy and not airconditioned. You see forest and swamp on your right nothing interesting and for a short time if you look real hard you can see the ocean thru the trees on the left. I live in the middle of 50 acres of national forest so not too exciting. I heard many gripes during this part but the rest of the trip made up for it.

Thanks for the advice on the excursions and the info. about scheduling on the TV instead of the tour line. Has anyone had experience with the dolphin swim in Freeport Bahamas. That's the only excurision my daughter wants and I'm not having any luck, may have to do it in Costa Maya and miss the Mayan Ruins.:(

Archived