Airlines used by RCI when you book flight through them

Delta, American, Alaska. Last cruise we had ours changed to go out of our home City ( International) Calif to Ft Laudrdale, cruise Panama to Seattle, with Alaska direct back home. Prior to the change, they wanted us to drive 2 1/2 hrs to LAX = Hotel + food + gas, by changing the tickets and flying out of our home, the differance was the cost of staying in Los Angelas. If we have to fly East we will ask for Custom Air in the future.

RADIANCE OF THE SEAS HAWAII OCT 11, 2008

Last year on Radiance in Alaska, we left Cleveland on United, and came back on Northwest. I must say, we did have good flight times. Flew to Denver on the way out to Vancouver, and to Minneapolis on the way home from Anchorage.

Thanks all We will fly out of Indianapolis to Vancouver then fly out of Fairbanks back to Indy.We awill be going on the Radiance .This will be our first cruise. So I want to make sure everything is lined out. Sandy;)

Hi,Just wondering what air lines RCI uses when you book your flight through them We are going on a cruise to Alaska next year. Has anyone done the air with them. Thanks Sandy

It all depends on what airlines serve your departure airport and fly to your destination. That will vary considerably depending on where you live and where your ship is sailing from. In some instances, when necessary, they will use charter aircraft. Check to see what airlines in your closest airport fly to Alaska. Chances that one or more of them will be used by RCI. I suggest that you also check out the flight schedules to see if there is a particular flight you would prefer. If so, check with RCI's custom air department and see if you can get that particular flight. If you are platinum or diamond C&A members the custom air fee is waived. If not, it might still be worth paying the fee to get the best flight arrangements.:)

Hi,Just wondering what air lines RCI uses when you book your flight through them We are going on a cruise to Alaska next year. Has anyone done the air with them. Thanks Sandy

We have flown American and Delta, and once Jet Blue.

I'm not sure I know why that would be. I do know that sometimes they do not offer air from airports in cities that they haven't designated as "Gateway Cities", but the whys and wherefores are a puzzle to me. Have you checked out flights from your airport to Hawaii and are the schedules and the prices better than from those others? I always advocate checking all your options before deciding how to purchase your air. Sometimes it makes sense to book through the cruiseline, sometimes it does not. This may be a case where you are better off booking directly with the airline.:)

when we cruised Princess to Alaska we flew NWA to Milwakee, then Alaska Air to Seward Alaska. Coming home was the weirdest. Vancouver to Toronto to (all AC) Chicago to CLE (UAL).

Brenda - check your itinerary again. :) I bet you flew into Anchorage rather than Seward. Anchorage is the closest airport served by Alaska Airlines.:rolleyes:

negc, our International Airport has direct flights to Chicago on American, other points East, go thru Dallas to the East Coast. It is really silly for us to have to drive 2 1/2 hrs to LAX, then fly back across our City to go East. Now Hawaii that is differant, we would need LAX. Our carriers include, American, Alaska, Northwest, Continental, Canada Airlines in season, United. We would think the Cruise lines would try and take us out of our Airport. Guess we need to educate them. :)

RADIANCE OF THE SEAS, HAWAII OCT 11, 2008

How about American Airlines that offers a flight from Boston to Chicago then on to London? Why would I fly 2 hours west to then go 8 hours east?

Wish RCI would use Jet Blue out of Boston for FLL, but they don't contract with them.

Cruiseline air is a crap shoot. Sometimes you get good flights, sometimes you don't. I've frequently seen Boston to Detroit on NWA, then NWA to Seattle, then bus to Vancouver, making it a very long day from the east coast to an Alaska cruise. Coming home route was from Vancouver to Montreal, Montreal to Boston, but not enough time was built into the schedule to get thru customs and immigration in Montreal, so had to spend the night there. Yet, airline personnel at Montreal mentioned that this same thing happened every week. If that's the case, why do the cruiselines insist on booking the same flights with the same problems:confused:

Most of the time the cruise line fare is cheaper on an Alaska trip. This is because it is not a round trip flight. I tried to find better fares for our August cruise-tour but couldn't come close to the cruise lines prices. They have us going from Cedar Rapids to Chicago to Seattle to Fairbanks on the way out, and Vancouver to Denver to Cedar Rapids on the way back. On the way out is American and Alaska Air, and the return is on United. I was pleasently suprised that they gave us real good flight times. No crack of dawn departures and no long layovers. Couldn't have done better myself.

Most of the time the cruise line fare is cheaper on an Alaska trip. This is because it is not a round trip flight. I tried to find better fares for our August cruise-tour but couldn't come close to the cruise lines prices. They have us going from Cedar Rapids to Chicago to Seattle to Fairbanks on the way out, and Vancouver to Denver to Cedar Rapids on the way back. On the way out is American and Alaska Air, and the return is on United. I was pleasently suprised that they gave us real good flight times. No crack of dawn departures and no long layovers. Couldn't have done better myself.

Corby seems to to me there is a more direct route for you. We live in So Calif and all our points East go thru Dallas, or directly to Chicago. When we went to VA we were routed thru Dallas to Atlanta to Va Beach out of our City, then back thru Dallas and Home.

RADIANCE OF THE SEAS, HAWAII OCT 11, 2008

Archived