Beer - Reduced Alcohol???

what bothers me is that this person is so concerned about how the beer is on a cruise, i mean really who cares.YOUR ON A CRUISE, your going to end up drinking more than you should anyway, so drink all you want why does it matter how much alky it has in it lol goodness the young people

You're a beer snob?:p

Any suggestions for a home brew kit:confused:

Depends on what you style you like :) . I am partial to IPAs and Strong Ales. There are great kits online like at Williams Brewing, but I would try to find a good local homebrew shop. They will be able to provide info you cannot get online.

For beginners, I would start with a hopped extract kit and dry yeast to get your feet wet. Once you are comfortable, try using a light unhopped extract and add specialty grains and hops yourself.

I am getting into full mash now, which is much more work but allows for a better product IMHO.

Depends on what you style you like :) . I am partial to IPAs and Strong Ales. There are great kits online like at Williams Brewing, but I would try to find a good local homebrew shop. They will be able to provide info you cannot get online.

For beginners, I would start with a hopped extract kit and dry yeast to get your feet wet. Once you are comfortable, try using a light unhopped extract and add specialty grains and hops yourself.

I am getting into full mash now, which is much more work but allows for a better product IMHO.

Thanks for the info. Any recommendations for a shop in NOVA?

Thanks for the info. Any recommendations for a shop in NOVA?

There is only one "brick and mortar" that I know of in NoVA. Jay's stopped operating out of his house and is now only mail-order, so that leaves the only other place I know about, http://www.mylhbs.com/.

The guy that runs it is Derek Terrell. He is very knowledgable, and will set you up with whatever you need. I would try to go during the week since he is very busy on weekends.

Another option for new brewers is Shenandoah Brewing Company in Arlington. There you can use their equipment and make your own commercial quality filtered beer complete with custom labels. This is real braggable stuff, but it's sort of cheating;) .

Sorry to hijack the thread, but we are sort of on topic :D

There is only one "brick and mortar" that I know of in NoVA. Jay's stopped operating out of his house and is now only mail-order, so that leaves the only other place I know about, http://www.mylhbs.com/.

The guy that runs it is Derek Terrell. He is very knowledgable, and will set you up with whatever you need. I would try to go during the week since he is very busy on weekends.

Another option for new brewers is Shenandoah Brewing Company in Arlington. There you can use their equipment and make your own commercial quality filtered beer complete with custom labels. This is real braggable stuff, but it's sort of cheating;) .

Sorry to hijack the thread, but we are sort of on topic :D

Thanks...I'm gonna have to check it out. Shenandoah is right down the road.

Me either.:cool:

Have lunch yet Jess?

Where's the shrug shoulders smiley when you need it? :p

Nope, wasn't thirsty...I mean hungry. Prolly stop by her place after work for dranks. I'll check the alcohol content then. :D

Where's the shrug shoulders smiley when you need it? :p

Nope, wasn't thirsty...I mean hungry. Prolly stop by her place after work for dranks. I'll check the alcohol content then. :D

LOL.

Preventative maintenance on the taps...don't forget that.

Sent you an email earlier...I think TC wants to see it to...can you forward?

LOL.

Preventative maintenance on the taps...don't forget that.

Sent you an email earlier...I think TC wants to see it to...can you forward?

I'll have to tell her that. No tan lines, or so I've heard.

Resend it, I already poofed it.

I'll have to tell her that. No tan lines, or so I've heard.

Resend it, I already poofed it.

Number 11? :eek: :p

I'll have to do it later...already shut the puter down.

IT'S BEER:30 DON'TCHAKNOW!!

Number 11? :eek: :p

I'll have to do it later...already shut the puter down.

IT'S BEER:30 DON'TCHAKNOW!!

Nope, definitely #10, w/o tanlines...or so I've heard. :rolleyes:

Yeah yeah,

Not soon enough....:mad:

[quote name='cruisinbuddy']I just checked the aluminum Bud bottle I brought home in January and it states 5% alcohol. Are you kidding, they want you to get drunk and buy more.[/quote]

why did you bring a bud bottle home from vacation? even if you can't get them in canada, what is the appeal of a red aluminum can? (bud's red, right? bud light is blue?)

[quote name='truecruiser']well, is the alcohol content in beer sold in texas higher than it is in fla and other parts of the country? was that ever asked and answered? (sorry if it was).[/quote]

I don't know if that was ever answered or not.

I bought a 6 of "Lonestar" once. I wouldn't recommend it. Ranks right up there with Schlitz, Hamms and PBR.:rolleyes:

[quote name='eclipsegtf10mch']bottled beer is bottled beer, wherever you are...[/quote]

Wrong!!!!!!! Beer sold in convenience stores in Oklahoma have an alcohol content of only 3.2. You have to go to a liqour store to buy anything more potent than that.

[quote name='livtojump']I don't know if that was ever answered or not.

I bought a 6 of "Lonestar" once. I wouldn't recommend it. Ranks right up there with Schlitz, Hamms and PBR.:rolleyes:[/quote]

Don't think so.

Yeah, not real good stuff is it? :rolleyes: They're sure proud of it though.

[quote name='Caliber1']Glad you enjoyed it! :eek: :D[/quote]

was that the 36 hour wall hammering mokey lovin' email?

Archived