When to book Crown Christmas cruise?

jetstorm

To all you CC experts:

The Crown Christmas week cruise has started to come down in price a bit and I'm wondering if it will continue to fall in the next few weeks or should book now? Also I will need roundtrip airfare from Huntsville or Birmingham, AL to San Juan. I'm new at booking airfare and could use some help on when to book and how to get the best price. It's currently $659. through the cruise line. Thanks!

If you need additional berths for children in the same cabin, book as soon as possible. It's really safe to book any time and if prices go down, contact your TA to get price reductions. Before final payments this is easy to do. Once you make final payment, that's it, though, so don't expect to get price reductions after that date.

Airfare is very easy to do on your own, and probably advisable versus air travel arranged through the cruise line. Sometimes the cheapest price isn't always the best price, by the way. You might be getting consolidator seats or seats on airlines that might not be honored by other carriers if there is a problem with your flight. There is a Cruise Air page on this site that has loads of information about air travel.

Roundtrip airfare to San Juan is notoriously high. I've always snagged good deals early in the morning and very late at night. Check with mobissimo.com, they seem to cover more options than most. I agree with booking on your own as cruise air can take you around the world before your final destination. Also, if you are looking to cruise this coming Christmas, don't wait! Chances are prices will start going higher again very soon as this is a peak season to cruise. As spongerob said, you can always get the difference if you notice a drop in price before final payment.

Thanks everyone. CC members are the best! I'll check out the cruise air page, I didn't know their was one, and I'll look into mobissimo also.

I sure wish we were able to share info. on TA's to find the best cabin at the best price. I've learned about cruise compete to compare, but I've only received two replies so far.

I would look for the air asap- we were going to do that cruise and the air jumped from 300pp to 1200pp in one week, we ended up switching cruises all together. If you email me I can tell you some other air websites, I don't think I am allowed to post them-they will track and alert you as to fares and also show you the trend- Blake

Archived