Pol Acker and the Winter Crossing Club

Kindlychap

If this forum had been around in the early 1990's, I would have been convinced that here, in some of these threads, the inspiration for Hyacinth Bucket could be found. :D

I believe that you have found the perfect nickname for the subject container of the http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=589772 thread. If all the beer bucketeers agree, you should be granted first swig.

I believe that you have found the perfect nickname for the subject container of the http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=589772 thread. If all the beer bucketeers agree, you should be granted first swig.

There is real brilliance on this board. Between you, Kyle and Angela we have the makings of lunacy of the first order. Will the Commodore Club know what has hit it on the first meeting?

Perhaps in future the meetings should appear of the Daily Programme as Friends of Hyacinth Bucket.

Congratulations.

Matthew

Now, a little far. I have had some truly bad fizz and Pol A is no where near them.

I would rate PA as below drinks like Appletize!

Yes a little bland, artificial and sharp, the "quality" microwave dinner of wines. (Though I don't own a microwave).

I wonder if we try the same stuff! I would describe it as cloyingly sweet and sickly. Although I doubt there is an artificial flavouring added I would agree that it tastes as if there is!

As to microwaves - they are useful. PA Isn't:p

I would rate PA as below drinks like Appletize!

I wonder if we try the same stuff! I would describe it as cloyingly sweet and sickly. Although I doubt there is an artificial flavouring added I would agree that it tastes as if there is!

Since I actually like Appletiser, and prefer my drinks sweet, I'm starting to think I might like PA too!

Strictly Invitation Only. Late comers not admitted. Candle-lit Supper, followed by an uplifting talk by our hostess

Oh I can see this now. Don't forget the riparian entertainment! Although technically you'll have to dock the QE2 along a riverbank.

David

Well, I had thought I have GOT to try this stuff, to see what the Brits find so objectionable!

Figured I would probably like it!

But as someone says it is sweet...

Someone who has tried both, Is it a bit like Asti Spumante?

Then I could not stand it!

Karie, who thinks champagne should be dry not sweet. if it is too sweet, then it has not finished its ferment!

There is real brilliance on this board. Between you, Kyle and Angela we have the makings of lunacy of the first order. Will the Commodore Club know what has hit it on the first meeting?

Perhaps in future the meetings should appear of the Daily Programme as Friends of Hyacinth Bucket.

Congratulations.

Matthew

So the beer bucket is now named Hyacinth? And should make regular appearances in the Commodore Club?

Perhaps Hyacinth should go up to Halifax, too? Please advise.

So the beer bucket is now named Hyacinth? And should make regular appearances in the Commodore Club?

Perhaps Hyacinth should go up to Halifax, too? Please advise.

Shall I be taking the blame for this?

After January 2008, is the WCC to be known henceforth as the WFOH? :eek:

Speaking of Halifax...

Yesterday, on Jeopardy, one of the categories was "Canadians"

Answer (question):

Founded by Samuel Cunard of Nova Scotia in 1838, the Cunard Line is known for it's famous _____

Question (answer), which was accepted as correct:

What are cruises.

Originally posted on the "QE2 - coffee in the morning thread". Think it's more suitable here! Introducing.........

...PABF - the Pol Acker Benevolence Fund.

Poor old Pol Acker gets a very poor deal on this website and all these poor unwanted bottles of cheap cooking fizz, sorry, lovely sparkling wine deserve a good home where they can be drunk...errrr...I mean they can be cared for in an atmosphere of peace and harmony. The PABF drop-off depot for the January 6th 2008 Transatlantic will be cabin 3092.

Thankyou :)

PS We at PABF will alsho, if really...hic..... pushed, lower ourshelves to guzzle, shorry, look after any stray bottles of Bolly..yum!...hurrah!....and Moet that come our way.:o

I can remember hearing that a passenger left her bottle of Pol Acker as a tip to her stewardess for the whole of the world cruise. The passenger's luggage was mysteriously dumped overboard that night.

I can remember hearing that a passenger left her bottle of Pol Acker as a tip to her stewardess for the whole of the world cruise. The passenger's luggage was mysteriously dumped overboard that night.

She was lucky.

Had that been me the luggage would have been fine. She'd have been overboard!

Matthew

Archived