Island Tour

wework2play

Can someone tell me how to book an island tour in Grand Cayman?

I don't like to post on the port-of-call forum b/c I never get very good responses. So we'll see if this gets moved.

Anyway, we'd like to go to hell and the turtle farm. It will be me, DH, two boys 9 and 7 on the Conquest.

Tia!

Can someone tell me how to book an island tour in Grand Cayman?

I don't like to post on the port-of-call forum b/c I never get very good responses. So we'll see if this gets moved.

Anyway, we'd like to go to hell and the turtle farm. It will be me, DH, two boys 9 and 7 on the Conquest.

Tia!

Was just there in may, when you get off of the ship or get off of the tender which ever you have, there at the pier will be an abundance of people wanting to take you on an Island tour. They will have signs and will be yelling "Island Tours". The cost is $20 per person and you do go to Hell and the turtle farm among others. The turtle farm is very expensive.

This is what we did and we really enjoyed it. The tour driver even dropped us off at 7 mile beach.

There were about 8 others on the tour with us. It was a good time.

This may well get moved. You can either book thru the cruise line...or a reputable independent operator you find out about on the G. Cayman "board" You don't have to "post". Just look for others who've had good luck with tour operators on that island.

I'd be surprised if the operator didn't have a Hell/Turtle Farm tour on their website.

WE found the transport at the pier to be very good and reasonable too. They fill up their vans before they leave so you may have a bit of a wait, but most have signs on where they will be going, and they have return vans available too. Just don't wait to late to return. If you have time have lunch at Senor Frogs - we had so much fun there and came back to the ship sporting cool baloon hats.

You will find lots and lots of recommendations on the Grand Cayman forum, without even having to post the question. I researched there and we ended up booking with Capt. Marvin for that particular tour. Very reasonable price and we went in small buses. Also you visit the Tortuga rum cake factory which is great. Looked all over to find DH, and found him grazing at the free samples table...:D

Cruisingjon,

Just how expensive is the turtle farm? Does it cost to get in? Are the buses for 20 a person reputable? Do they give you a time to return to the van and take you to the next desination, or how does that work? (Lots of q's)

I've been reading on the cayman islands forum. All the tours I've seen are more like $60 per person. We are a family of four, and doing excursions is all three ports, so I'd like to watch what I'm spending.

Thanks!

The people at the pier who are holding up the signs and selling tours are a great deal. I took my parents who are senior citizens on one of those tours and we had a great time. We went to Hell, Turtle Farm, Tortuga Rum Factory and Seven-Mile Beach, all for $20 each! I can't remember how much the turtle farm cost but I remember it was expensive so we didn't go in, but went into the gift shop, and looked through the windows and could somewhat see the turtles. You might try that if it does cost too much. Have fun!:)

The people at the pier who are holding up the signs and selling tours are a great deal. I took my parents who are senior citizens on one of those tours and we had a great time. We went to Hell, Turtle Farm, Tortuga Rum Factory and Seven-Mile Beach, all for $20 each! I can't remember how much the turtle farm cost but I remember it was expensive so we didn't go in, but went into the gift shop, and looked through the windows and could somewhat see the turtles. You might try that if it does cost too much. Have fun!:)

I asked this earlier but now I'll ask you: Does the tour guide wait for you at each stop?

We took the ship's excursion last year when we went to Grand Cayman, it was $35 and included the turtle farm admission. Also did the island tour and saw Hell, Rum Factory, governer's mansion, etc. He took us by 7 mile beach but we did not stop. Got pictures, tho:rolleyes: We were in nice buses with A/C and our tour guide was very interesting and informative.

Cruisingjon,

Just how expensive is the turtle farm? Does it cost to get in? Are the buses for 20 a person reputable? Do they give you a time to return to the van and take you to the next desination, or how does that work? (Lots of q's)

I've been reading on the cayman islands forum. All the tours I've seen are more like $60 per person. We are a family of four, and doing excursions is all three ports, so I'd like to watch what I'm spending.

Thanks!

If my memory serves me right, the cost was something like $18 to $20 each.

As far as whether they give you time to return to the van, this was not a problem for us. We had plenty of time at each stop, and if someone was not back at the van, the driver would not leave until they were sure they had everyone. Usually when you leave the van, the driver will tell you how much time you have at each stop.

It was a wonderful tour, and we had a great time, we have 2 small children and they also very much enjoyed the tour.

I asked this earlier but now I'll ask you: Does the tour guide wait for you at each stop?

Yes, they do. A tour with several stops will let you out & tell you when to be back at the bus. Many of the tour guides will accompany you thru the stop & give you local info & history. The Turtle Farm is much more interesting than you would think.

Archived