Budget for Drinks_Allegra asaian Cruise.

Thirsty1

Recently booked on 14 night Asian cruise out of Singapore 8 March, 2008. Have only previously cruised with P & O out ot Sydney and Brisbane, so this should be a new experience.

My DH and I like to have a drink & a flutter on th pokies. Costa have told us that the X1 package is not available on this cruise but there maybe some other type of package????

Also can any recent traveller in these cruises give us a rough idea of the cost of a beer (say 10 oz.) and a normal house wine and maybe a nip of scotch or brandy from the Bar????

What currency do the pokies take?? Is ther any benefit of taking your own cash??

Thank you.

I've been in the Med with Costa. They have different wine and water packages that you can book in advance on the Costa site (you need your reservation number). A beer was about 5 euros plus 15% service.

The official currency is normally Euro but on their web site it is written that, only for Asian cruise, they use US dollars.

In any case you don't pay cash on board but everything (drinks, shopping) is debt to you personal card (the same that is used as a key). At the end of the cruise you can pay cash or credit card.

I will be on the Allegra in August for a 5 days cruise from China. I'll be happy to answer more question when I'm back.

Thank you for reply. We sent a recent email to Costa and they advised that Euros would be used on this asian cruise. Also 5 Euros for a beer equates to about AUD$9.00., which is a bit steep so will be going thirsty???:confused:

Archived