Cabin below Lido Deck

pooh99

Hello everyone,

I am new and reading though the forum, but did'nt find answers for my two questions. Please forgive my writing, I am from Germany and Engish is not my native language.

Background info: Me and my wife are booked on the Carnival Pride cruise on 9/2. We booked a gurantee Balcony room and got room 8202.

Now I was wondering if this is a really good choice since it is right below the lido deck and the bistro and also right at the atrium. We'll we have a noise and smell problem?

2nd: I've read a lot about early check-in in Long Beach, but wonder why Carnival doesn't mention it anywhere. As far as I found out it is in the Queen Mary? Any tips here would be highly apreciate.

Thanks for you answers

Hi Pooh 99,

I don't specifically know about room 8202 but our friends who were aboard the Spirit, sister ship to the Pride, had a terrible noise problem in cabin #8191 whic is opposite side of the ship, about 5 cabins forward from yours. The problem was the serving carts which would hit ungrouted tile every 12 inches causing a loud bumping noise which started between 3 & 4 AM every morning. They were miserable until they finally got a room change after 7 nights of a 12 night cruise.

Early embarkation, I believe before noon is done at the Queen Mary which is in the same area as the Pride will be. Hope this helps and maybe someone else has been in 8202 and can give you better info on that particular room.

:) We also had one of these rooms never again everything stated is true We could only complain to the pursers desk-we got a on board credit of $200 and I wrote a letter giving them some suggestions of how they could be a little more quiet, I got a very nice letter back and 10% off my next cruise. The noise does start early but it also went very late due to the lido deck parties till 1 or 2am...good luck change it if you can and take ear plugs with you! Karon:)

Hi Pooh 99,

I don't specifically know about room 8202 but our friends who were aboard the Spirit, sister ship to the Pride, had a terrible noise problem in cabin #8191 whic is opposite side of the ship, about 5 cabins forward from yours. The problem was the serving carts which would hit ungrouted tile every 12 inches causing a loud bumping noise which started between 3 & 4 AM every morning. They were miserable until they finally got a room change after 7 nights of a 12 night cruise.

Early embarkation, I believe before noon is done at the Queen Mary which is in the same area as the Pride will be. Hope this helps and maybe someone else has been in 8202 and can give you better info on that particular room.

Thanks for all your answers, I'll change to an extended balcony on an other deck if possible. I've seen that there is a catagory Dlx.Balcony Room, just a few of them. Anyone stayed there? Also would a suite (Cat. 11) be worth the extra money?

:) I can't really help you out on that we always book a balcony midship and a room between two decks of other rooms only. Although next week I'm trying a cat 12 on Fantasy (still between 2 decks of rooms) and next year I've just booked a extended balcony. good luck Karon we've done 16 cruises and always do it this way---except that one time.....

Hi Pooh 99,

The problem was the serving carts which would hit ungrouted tile every 12 inches causing a loud bumping noise which started between 3 & 4 AM every morning.

Also, people dragging their chairs around got annoying as well.

Hello everyone,

I am new and reading though the forum, but did'nt find answers for my two questions. Please forgive my writing, I am from Germany and Engish is not my native language.

Background info: Me and my wife are booked on the Carnival Pride cruise on 9/2. We booked a gurantee Balcony room and got room 8202.

Now I was wondering if this is a really good choice since it is right below the lido deck and the bistro and also right at the atrium. We'll we have a noise and smell problem?

2nd: I've read a lot about early check-in in Long Beach, but wonder why Carnival doesn't mention it anywhere. As far as I found out it is in the Queen Mary? Any tips here would be highly apreciate.

Thanks for you answers

This summer, I booked 5 balconies on the Victory, all under the Lido deck (not thinking it was a problem).........after reading the boards, I was in a panic........we were lucky, they were basically under the Deli and Chinese food sections, with minimal amount of moving........but I won't chance it again........

Good for you, Pooh. Looks like you got an extended balcony...you did well. Enjoy your cruise.

Yes it seems it even has a very large balcony, I just can't find out what is next to the cabin. On the deck plan it shows a blank space. I hope it's not a laundry or ice machine room?!

Man, you guys really have me spooked spooked about deck 8. I'm going to take my chances, but I probably will book below deck 8 in the future. I'll try to enjoy anyway. Cheers!:)

Let us know how it was. So we know for the future :)

Last year on the Triumph we were on deck 8 room 8209 and we did not hear any noise at all. This year we are in room 8333 on the Liberty hope the same is true this year with no noise I have heard that room on Liberty is quiet, I hope so you guys are making me wonder now.:eek:

Archived