Sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale this weekend? You get a treat!

scejas

If your sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale / Port Everglades this weekend (I think it's the Carnival Liberty) then your in for a treat.

You will be able to see a Naval Strike group led by the aircraft carrier USS Hary S. Truman. It will be accompanied by two guided missile destroyers, a submarine and a Royal Navy destroyer.

All vessels except the for the aircraft carrier will actually be docked at Port Everglades -- the carrier will remain off shore (due to security concerns and the depth of the channel)... but you will be able to see it from shore and as you sail out.

Lucky lucky lucky!

If your sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale / Port Everglades this weekend (I think it's the Carnival Liberty) then your in for a treat.

You will be able to see a Naval Strike group led by the aircraft carrier USS Hary S. Truman. It will be accompanied by two guided missile destroyers, a submarine and a Royal Navy destroyer.

All vessels except the for the aircraft carrier will actually be docked at Port Everglades -- the carrier will remain off shore (due to security concerns and the depth of the channel)... but you will be able to see it from shore and as you sail out.

Lucky lucky lucky!

Please take pictures.

Lucky lucky lucky!

Darn...we will be on the Liberty next Sunday, July 29th.

John & Shari

That's about as lucky as catching a shuttle launch from Port Canaveral!

I would love to be there to "see" this since my son is in the Navy. He's stationed in Norfolk Virginia right now with a Navy Helicopter squadron that does Combat Search & Rescue for 4 month missions to Iraq.

Sharon

What an awesome picture! Thank you for taking the time to post it.....

After seeing your original post, I relayed the information to a NavyParents Support Group I belong to, and one of the moms informed me that her son was on that ship and they were no where near Fort Lauderdale and that the information was incorrect. They were off conducting JTFX (whatever the heck that is).

I knew it was correct and posted the link for the newspaper coverage from Fort Lauderdale.

So thanks again for the heads-up!

Sharon

Archived