Heksinki

Our ship, the Veendam will be docked at South Harbon, Helsinki. Does anyone know if there is public transportation from the port to town center. Is there a shuttle, bus or do you have to take a taxi?

The Veendam will also dock at Estonia. Is there also a shuttle or bus to take us to town? How much is the shuttle or bus?

Our ship, the Veendam will be docked at South Harbon, Helsinki. Does anyone know if there is public transportation from the port to town center. Is there a shuttle, bus or do you have to take a taxi?

The Veendam will also dock at Estonia. Is there also a shuttle or bus to take us to town? How much is the shuttle or bus?

I just got off the Veendam.

Here is some info.

In Helsinki, we docked at Munkisaari at the West Harbor. So I can't give you specific information on the South Harbor. What I did though to find out my options was check out Port of Helsinki webpage. It gives you general information regarding what bus lines go from what pier/harbor to market square. Use that information in conjunction with the Helsinki Public Transporation website which i think is www.hkl.fi

Also, when we were there, a shuttle was offered from the pier to Esplanade. It was $5 per person, one way, pay to the driver on board, excact change required.

I opted to take public transporation. The bus line was right there and an all day tourist ticket is only 6 Euros. If I took the ship's shuttle I would have paid $10 for a roundtrip back and forth to the ship already.

-------------------------------

As for Tallinn.. the dock is right outside of Old Tallinn. From the ship, you can see the spires of the Old Town. There is a TI booth at the dock and girls there to provide maps and help you out. Basically you just walk and start following the direction of the spires. The first building you come upon is Fat Margaret Tower. From the pier to Fat Margaret is about 8-10 minute walk. Very walkable. There are taxi's if you need.

Archived