7 nt Norwegian Spirit vs 5 nt Carnival Fantasy Nov. New Orleans

amlandry

I've never cruised before and am considering one for my honeymoon. We're 31 and 27. I'm from Louisiana and am considering 2 different cruises. One is a 7 night out on the Norwegian Spirit and the other is a 5 night on the Carnival. Do either offer discounts for being in state? What are the pros and cons of these ships/food/excursions. I'm really concerned about the "extras" you have to pay for. I think I can get both of them for about the same price. Any suggestions? Also, what level or rooms should I pick. We'll probably stay in an inside cabin, but I'm worried about being sea sick.

I thank you in advance!

We sailed on the Spirit in Sept 06 and loved her. We love the Freestyle dining, nice to be able to eat when and where you want, though you do have to make reservations early for the more popular spots. DH and I like to eat by ourselves and not with strangers. If you prefer meeting people and dining with them CCL may be more to your liking. CCL was more younger, rowdier crowds when we last sailed them, always a drink waiter in your face. NCL seemed more laid back after 2 days not constantly in your face for drinks, but there when you want them. The extra $ will depend on what you want to do on ship, excursions, bingo, drinks, you will pay for on both, but usually lots of free things to enjoy on both. As far as seasickness, low and central on ship is best location for that. Some prefer an outside to see the horizon. I usually take Bonine before boarding and then the next day just to get my sealegs, I'm very sensitive to motion sickness. But the Caribbean is usually quite calm and I'm fine after that, of course there can always be bad weather so I have my Bonine just in case. If the price is the same I would go with the longer cruise, no matter which line, in this case NCL. Hope this has been helpful.

Archived