Xcaret

ispisthebst

We are going on the Imagination in August and were looking into Xcaret. The ship docks in Calica from 1-9. Would we have enough time to see the night shows in Xcaret that we heard were good? Would you say going to Xcaret is worth the money or do someting else?

Not sure about the night show because we had to be back on the ship at 5:00. It is a beautiful park,well worth the money, but there is LOT of walking and it was extremely hot when we were there. If you do it, get a map of the park before you go in or you will spend a lot of time finding your way around and be sure to take plenty of water. But we will probably do it again sometime because we only had time to see about half the park. HAVE A GREAT CRUISE.

I doubt you'll have time to see the whole night show. We were there in November so sunset was earlier - the show started at 6. In August, I'm assuming it will start later. You could go and see some of the show, perhaps, depending on what time it starts. It's a fabulous show, though, so it would be really difficult to leave!! :rolleyes:

The underground river is amazing. We loved it. If you do this have water socks or get a water knapsack that you can put flip flops etc in. Otherwise you have to walk over stones back to the beginning to get the things from your locker. An absolutely beautiful place. We want to go back again.:)

We were at an all-inclusive resort in March and went to Xcaret for the day. We arrived at 9a and left at 10p and never saw the whole park.

It is beautiful and lots of great things to do, but due to the cost I think it is better to visit this park when you do a visit to the Cancun/Playa del Carmen area and not from a cruise tour. With your time frame you would only get to see and experience a fourth of the park. The evening show itself was 3 hours long and a must see if you go.

Definately do Xcaret, it's amazing. As stated above, the underground river is a "do not miss" in my book. We just did it in May and we booked the Inspiration again for February to do it again. It's a huge park, beautiful beaches, tons to do. I can't answer the question about the shows, we were there only until 6 PM and had to be back on the ship at 5 PM.

Archived